Thread: bullpup stock dilema...

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

bullpup stock dilema...

I recently bought this stock off here (bottom one) for a TX200 SR - bullpup style.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/attachment....5&d=1474311241

I'm thinking of chopping the forend much shallower (along the line of the recess scalope just ahead of the trigger guard), but then I'm thinking I shouldn't be butchering it up. I also need to make a new trigger mounting and move it forward at least 1/4" as the trigger is way too close to the grip.

hmmm.. so do I butcher to suit my tastes, or sell it on and just get something more suitable ? Is it classic 90's bullpup that should be respected and left as is, or just an eyesore that needs to go on a diet ?

ho hum.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I recently bought this stock off here (bottom one) for a TX200 SR - bullpup style.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/attachment....5&d=1474311241

I'm thinking of chopping the forend much shallower (along the line of the recess scalope just ahead of the trigger guard), but then I'm thinking I shouldn't be butchering it up. I also need to make a new trigger mounting and move it forward at least 1/4" as the trigger is way too close to the grip.

hmmm.. so do I butcher to suit my tastes, or sell it on and just get something more suitable ? Is it classic 90's bullpup that should be respected and left as is, or just an eyesore that needs to go on a diet ?

ho hum.
    I'd chop it- as it stands it sure is ugly!

I've just seen a table in wood like that in our local British Heart charity shop..
    Grease Gun -- Nerf Gun -- Spud Gun

I would modify it as required, re-profiling the forend can only improve it. After all up-cycling is all the rage don't you know.

I'm intrigued about the cheekpiece - what does that look like please?

Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
    I'm intrigued about the cheekpiece - what does that look like please?
    it's just a radiused edge - comfy enough tbh
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post

I'm thinking of chopping the forend much shallower (along the line of the recess scalope just ahead of the trigger guard),
    Yes, this ^ ^ ^.

And, maybe a little re-shaping and some stippling?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Chop it!

Inline with the top edge of that scalloped area.

And do something with the bottom of the pistol grip - It looks like a sex aid.

Not that I know anything about sex aids you understand...

well that's it... you've convinced me boys