Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paper/cardboard for home printed targets

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtmuAeibwQPoaeQa2HFqfEjwesE

use this stuff and as can be seen it leaves almost perfect hole and is easy to see when used in conjunction with the stick price tag labels. Get 3 sheets for about 3.99 from a craft shop size is about 3ft x 2ft but easily cuts down to whatever size is required. Most i have ever had is 200 of those round sticky labels on one and about 10 shots per label. Second pic is of back to show that hole is near perfect all the way. Those shots were with my 223 at 200mtrs.

Thanks. That looks good. It's when the targets are scaled down in size from 400 - 600 yds to the same 'size' at a range of 25 yds, that there are a lot of pellets in approx the same place which effective makes scoring impossible. Having said that, the grouping for the practices is probably the most important parameter but this card looks good may well be the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    How about baking foil laminated to the paper? Spray mount adhesive.

Each target will then only cost you about three times the price of buying a ready-made one.
    Thanks. Cost is (almost) immaterial as these targets can't be bought at the scale I need and as I'm shooting 50 - 100 pellets per A4 sized sheet, it will still be cost effective.

Cool targets

try wilcos on the high st white card 16 sheets for a pound coulrd 8 for pound ,also b and m ,this coming sunday lidl will be having some ,2 pound for 30 sheets different coulors.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Thanks. Cost is (almost) immaterial as these targets can't be bought at the scale I need and as I'm shooting 50 - 100 pellets per A4 sized sheet, it will still be cost effective.
    What about NSRA prone targets, i'm fairly sure they're around A3 size.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    What about NSRA prone targets, i'm fairly sure they're around A3 size.
    Thanks Rob, will get to the NSRA shop at the first chance I have and get some targets that can be cut to A4 size, or indeed any size on which my printer can print on the back. Haven't been able to locate the 'short strand fibre' paper anywhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    I'm doing a fair bit of shooting at the mo but when the groups are tight (not that often...) the normal printer paper tears and it is difficult to see defined holes in the target.

Does anyone know where I can get A4 size 'target quality' paper/card?

Thanks in advance
    Cereal box mate,just cut the box and stick your print off targets on it,job done.
    rgds stubbs4612

Quote Originally Posted by stubbs4612 View Post
    Cereal box mate,just cut the box and stick your print off targets on it,job done.
    rgds stubbs4612
    That will be me having a bigger breakkie then than just a slice of toast... Thanks for the suggestion.

NSRA BM 2010 targets have ten roundels and are about A4 size. You can get them from the NSRA shop for about £120 per thousand, delivered. The design has changed recently; they may have some of the old ones that are no longer legit for competition use; you might be able to get some at a discount.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    NSRA BM 2010 targets have ten roundels and are about A4 size. You can get them from the NSRA shop for about £120 per thousand, delivered. The design has changed recently; they may have some of the old ones that are no longer legit for competition use; you might be able to get some at a discount.
    Thanks again Rich, will pop in at the weekend while I'm at Bisley.