Thread: Air Arms Alfa Project Problems

Air Arms Alfa Project Problems

When I was shooting my pistol at my local club last night the shaft of the hammer cocking buttons sheared. Not a problem in itself, but is this a common fault or unusual? Another side effect is that, although I can still cock the pistol using the broken part, the power output has been seriously reduced to the point that there isn't enough power to make the pellet even fall out of the end of the barrel. Anyone know why this is? It has been suggested, by the ever helpful Julian at Bond Gun Accessories, that the broken shaft is preventing the pistol from being cocked fully - hence the reduction in power - but he's not absolutely sure. Does anyone else know what the problem might be?

hi
    can you see if there is any part left in the hammer as if the hammer dose not travel fully the it wont hit the valve correctly not letting enough air to pass
    my sons also snapped we returned it to AA who repaired it
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200

Quote Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
    hi
    can you see if there is any part left in the hammer as if the hammer dose not travel fully the it wont hit the valve correctly not letting enough air to pass
    my sons also snapped we returned it to AA who repaired it
    Hi tigercat, thanks for your reply, I'll have a look to see if there's anything there.
    Cheers, Paul