Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Courier collection.

Courier collection.

Has anybody got any experience with arranging a courier to collect an air rifle?
    I have found a rifle I want and the seller wants me to arrange postage.
    Can this be done? Or is it best to get it sent via RFD. Cost on both options?
    Thanks for any advice
    Last edited by charub; 22-10-2016 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Typo

Several issues, first is just finding someone who will carry an airgun, second you are relying on the seller to package it but if you do the arrangements I think it's you who will bear any risk as the one paying for the service.

RFD-RFD will cost more, probably £25 at each end but is legal and usually the sending RFD will pack the rifle himself, so he see's it before it goes to confirm the condition, this is what I'd choose.

think parcel force are the only ones who will post air rifles now.

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    think parcel force are the only ones who will post air rifles now.
    Thanks, that's my understanding to. The problem I have is I need to arrange collection from Rotherham because the seller doesn't want the hassle of posting.

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    Thanks, that's my understanding to. The problem I have is I need to arrange collection from Rotherham because the seller doesn't want the hassle of posting.
    The Parcelforce 48 service clearly states guns must be taken to a post office, home collection is not covered neither is a pcp bottle/tube/cyl.

People use myhermes, and list them as "sporting goods", heard this has been done on a regular basis with no problems, reliable delivery. Always a good idea to take action out of stock to make parcel shorter no matter who you use.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Parcels to go (courier comparison ) can pick up ....... but as said read the small print

Pm sent

Pmd you David mate. Your inbox is full

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    People use myhermes, and list them as "sporting goods", heard this has been done on a regular basis with no problems, reliable delivery. Always a good idea to take action out of stock to make parcel shorter no matter who you use.

Baz
    Quote Originally Posted by stublade View Post
    Parcels to go (courier comparison ) can pick up ....... but as said read the small print
    Neither will knowingly carry airguns, so
    A. no insurance
    &
    B. as it's being collected you have no idea if it will be a gun shape package or the sender will tell them it's a gun.

People who send guns illegally are idiots who are doing irreparable damage in giving ammunition to the anti's

I never worry about insurance, only when its required by law such as for my car. Most of the airguns I have sold are below £500 in value and after years of good service from the people I use I could swallow a loss if it happened. I can understand people worrying if it is something in the £1000-1500 range. I suppose it is all relative to personal financial situation. I have never used myhermes but would be interested in government legislation covering the legality of transporting sub 12 ft lb air rifles.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post

Baz
    I have just bought a co2 pistol from a seller who used myhermes. I took a gamble and it paid off, but it was a risk none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Neither will knowingly carry airguns, so
    A. no insurance
    &
    B. as it's being collected you have no idea if it will be a gun shape package or the sender will tell them it's a gun.

People who send guns illegally are idiots who are doing irreparable damage in giving ammunition to the anti's
    Bear, it's not illegal just against the carrier's T&Cs, rules they as a company decide on.
    It's allowed within the law of the land if the carrier allows it. Airguns are unlicensed (England and Wales) so no FAC conditions to fulfil.

I bought a theoben evolution on Friday. it was sent Parcelforce express 48 and picked up that afternoon.it was posted in In Bonar bridge which is say 125miles from me

its now Tuesday and the rifle is in COVENTRY. its taken since Friday to get there. so its going from Bonar bridge to coventry to come back to Aberdeen then 20 miles to me.

don't expect it to get there in 48 hours.

yes I know it was probably due to no flying but come on. its been on its way since Friday. nearly 1000 miles to go 120 miles.
    Last edited by bighit; 25-10-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    Bear, it's not illegal just against the carrier's T&Cs, rules they as a company decide on.
    It's allowed within the law of the land if the carrier allows it. Airguns are unlicensed (England and Wales) so no FAC conditions to fulfil.
    True, and if you want to substitute "in breach of the carriers regulations" feel free to.

It's still an act of gross stupidity to deliberately breach any regulation/rule/act/law where airguns are concerned & there are anti's waiting to leap at their first chance, even more so to encourage others to do so.

You'd think people want to make things worse for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    True, and if you want to substitute "in breach of the carriers regulations" feel free to.

It's still an act of gross stupidity to deliberately breach any regulation/rule/act/law where airguns are concerned & there are anti's waiting to leap at their first chance, even more so to encourage others to do so.

You'd think people want to make things worse for themselves.
    Agreed, of course.

The way things are, with the stupendously ridiculous situation regarding Steyr sub 6 ft/lbs pistols and s.5, Scots AWL and the general hatred and animosity to all things gun in this country, while it could get worse, it ain't that great at the moment.

The only way I can see the situation improving is the old "one powerful NRA type organisation" putting a stop to this nonsense. I don't think that is happening anytime soon, though
    Last edited by rogb; 25-10-2016 at 01:52 PM.