Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theoben E Type

Theoben E Type

Bought one of these and picked up yesterday. Truely lovely gun. Came with one mag and filler probe

Does anyone have a user manual in PDF format ?

I'm so far resisting the urge to 'just have a go' in case there are any gothca's

E Type

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Does anyone have a user manual in PDF format ?

I'm so far resisting the urge to 'just have a go' in case there are any gothca's
    Anyone able to help ? I mailed Impact yesterday asking about a manual but no response so far

Not good news I am afraid, according to this post. This manual may prove to be more valuble than the rifle itself.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-e-type-manual

Worth Joining Theoben Owners groups just in case some one has them in eformat.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Not good news I am afraid, according to this post. This manual may prove to be more valuble than the rifle itself.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-e-type-manual

Worth Joining Theoben Owners groups just in case some one has them in eformat.

A.G
    Thanks AG, it doesn't look good as you say

I did email Impact yesterday and has no response back thus far, I'm not impressed with their service

this particular e type has been well maintained and serviced , upgraded to a mk3 trigger unit , a +m cylinder , it will give you hassle free shooting for along time to come Martyn, i don't have a service/user guide booklet for it unfortunately but will see if i can find one for you

Quote Originally Posted by hjr72 View Post
    this particular e type has been well maintained and serviced , upgraded to a mk3 trigger unit , a +m cylinder , it will give you hassle free shooting for along time to come Martyn, i don't have a service/user guide booklet for it unfortunately but will see if i can find one for you
    I'm very pleased with it

I was just after a guide / manual to complete it but from what I can see there isn't one

I'd buy one on rarity value alone.....

I'm very pleased with it

I was just after a guide / manual to complete it but from what I can see there isn't one
    Someone has PM'd me saying Impact have ceased trading, anyone know if that is the case ? Would explain a lack of response to email

Someone has PM'd me saying Impact have ceased trading, anyone know if that is the case ? Would explain a lack of response to email
    They have stopped production of new guns but are trying to salvage things by making spare parts and servicing older guns.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    They have stopped production of new guns but are trying to salvage things by making spare parts and servicing older guns.
    I knew about them stopping production of new rifles, OK, so back to poor service again with a lack of response to emails

Impact

I've contacted impact recently over the phone with regards to a rapid I've just received the gentleman was helpfull I must say
    I believe they are moveing office at the moment
    Tryed to phone this morning for one last question(must think I'm a pain in the backside)
    I received a text Sorry missed ur call I am abroad this week

Theoben E Type

I was mooching around the net looking for spare mags. Came across a Nottingham 'smith that lists them but it seems the mag is quite specific and I noted pointers to the early Rapid 7 shot mags

Seems the mags for the SLR are different with two tangs where the E Type has one

The regular 12 or 17 shot Rapid magazines fit the E Type, I own one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunwerks View Post
    The regular 12 or 17 shot Rapid magazines fit the E Type, I own one myself.
    Problem with those is the physical size, but thanks for letting me know, a possible option

The 7 shot original / Rapid mags look much neater when in place and seems unobtrusive

Problem with those is the physical size, but thanks for letting me know, a possible option

The 7 shot original / Rapid mags look much neater when in place and seems unobtrusive
    I've had a look at both Impact and RAW's site and can't see them listing the original Rapid 7 shot mags as an option - Impact list one for SLR but it's slightly different

I did find a Notts dealer listing them but pic looked to be SH though site wasn't clear as to condition

Does anyone know if you can still buy these new ? If so, any idea where ?