Thread: Crosman 600 box off Fleabay!

Thumbs up Crosman 600 box off Fleabay!

Hi all

I was looking through fleabay as you do and this Crosman box appeared, £19.99 posted Bin, I jumped at it and hopefully it will come this week!

It's in such good condition that I think it could be a repro jobbie! It's actually the wrong box for mine as mine has the piercing button in the cap (Been told it would have been changed at the factory after being returned due to the cart's being inserted the wrong way araound after the change!!

Pic 1

Pic 2

The Pistol

Also got a manual for it too

I think i'll have to make a cutout in the box to fit the button in!!

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Here is the insert and contemporary manual

just be careful advertising that you have a semi auto at the moment as the police have confiscated semi autos from steyr uk as they are deeming them to be "section 5" firearms

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....bate-continues
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi all

I was looking through fleabay as you do and this Crosman box appeared, £19.99 posted Bin, I jumped at it and hopefully it will come this week!

It's in such good condition that I think it could be a repro jobbie! It's actually the wrong box for mine as mine has the piercing button in the cap (Been told it would have been changed at the factory after being returned due to the cart's being inserted the wrong way araound after the change!!

Pic 1

Pic 2

The Pistol

Also got a manual for yit too

I think i'll have to make a cutout in athe box to fit the button in!!

Cheers, John
    what a good buy even if it's a repro, it looks realy good, as it would cost the seller over £3 to post it with and Paypal fees.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

The box itself looks original. The insert is not.

There are three different caps used on the 600. The story about the cap changing is somewhat complicated. I've detailed the issue in my 600 book. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crosman-Arm...7369818&sr=1-1

The first version cap was the type where it required the user to counter rotate the cap to release the gas and users, who never read the manual, didn't understand and would return perfectly good guns for repair because of it. The 2nd version reversed the powerlet insertion direction. This type, which is rather rare, was recalled and service stations instructed to revert all guns at factory expense. The 3rd version was the push type which itself had a service issue.

Note that the third version push types can also use the original type of cap.