Quote Originally Posted by boff180 View Post
Thanks for the advice, the long range load would be for the low wall but all I have to test it in at the moment is the 73... I don't want to buy the gun to find I can't shoot it accurately at the range I want.

The muzzle energy limit is 1496ftlb... its primarily a muzzle loader/pistol range.

The Lyman reloading manual details 357mag rifle loads for H110 for 125/140grn bullets in excess of 2,300fps
You don't need that kind of velocity for 100 yards. I shoot on a 100 yard range with a .357". For the lead bullet, 158gr I use 6.8 grains of Unique. The book says the velocity is 1,200fps.
I use copper jacketed hollow point for foxes (158 grain bullet) and I use 7.2 grains of Unique.

Accuracy is good for both loads.

I could swap to a 125 grain bullet for either load and I would expect a velocity of about 1,600fps. Both loads that I use are fine by me so I don't see any point developing another load/bullet combination.

.38" loads in a .357" magnum case are not very good. I have tried them. If you are using a .357" then i would select a load to suit it.