Thread: Anyone hunt with Superfields?

Fin Guest

Anyone hunt with Superfields?

I am interested in the "terminal ballistic" effect of these pellets (i.e. does your rabbit drop when hit ).
    The reason I ask is that my .20 MFR loves 'em on the range, but at 10.8g, I am a bit concerned that they may be a bit too light for the calibre to do the business.
    Is the dimple at the end to assist in pellet flight or does it have a terminal effect (like a semi-hollow point type thingy!)
    I am currently using 12.5g Eliminators - which are great for dropping quarry, but expensive - and I understand from BT that production has stopped (although he has a few thousand in stock).
    I get just as good results, at various ranges, with the Superfields but I'd like to know if they kill effectively before lobbing one at Mr Bunny.
    Cheers in advance.

I thought Logun was carrying on the exterminaters as penetrators....
    I drop rabbits with 8.6gr jsb's, and 11.2 h&n ftt's, so would think the superfields would be fine. My .20 HW97 hates them though...

Jay

Fin Guest
    Yes BT has handed over to Logun but I think they're only carrying on production in the heavier 15.6g.
    I know the .177 dudes amongst you achieve kills with lighter pellets than 10.8g but different weights suit different calibres for a kill effect and as Superfields are amongst the lightest available in .20, I wondered if they might be too light at this calibre to be effective.

stevew71 is ya man for .20 rapids and superfields,he regularly drops bunnies at 50yrds + with that rifle/pellet set up.

Does anybody have experience of using .20 Superfields in an FAC
    rated rifle?

I use a 28ft./lb Rapid Mk2 in .20 and fancied the idea of a lighter pellet
    for a flatter trajectory. Can Superfields take the the air blast at the higher
    power levels?

TIA

NeilB
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.