Thread: Scope buying with a TX200HC

Scope buying with a TX200HC

Hi All,

I've just got myself a new TX200HC and am now thinking of getting the Optisan EVX 4-16x44i scope, before I do I was wondering what scopes some of you other TX200 shooters have on your TX's?

I'm keen to keep things looking in proportion as the TX200 is such a good looking rifle.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    No hard and fast rule, I keep swapping mine on three, two HC's and an SR !
    Scopes used;
    Simmons Pro Air. 4-12x40.
    Bushnell Legend 5-15x40.
    Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40.
    Bushnell Legend 3-9x40.
    MTC Opti "something" 3-12x44.
    Nikon EFR 3-9x40.

All depends on what you wish to use the rifle for ?
    I dont hunt now so the higher mag scopes are usesful for range work. If I were still hunting the the 3-9x40 scopes are more suited (to me) and are in proportion as you state !
    Last edited by Blackrider; 29-10-2016 at 04:55 AM.
    “An airgun or two”………

Hi Max,

I see you're new here, so a very warm welcome to you.

As Mr Blackrider says above, scope choice will depend on the intended use. Desired features and personal preferences also come into play.

As you have the TX and are also centrally located, how about giving a Boinger Bash a go? Not far from you. You'll receive a genuine, warm welcome from like-minded enthusiasts. It's not at all "cliquey" and is very informal. As long as you're safe, the main point is to have fun.

There'll be LOADS of TXs and other springers and even some pesky PCPs there!

Come, shoot, enjoy and immerse yourself in the world of Airguns for a day or two...you'd love it!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I have just got a Hawke Panorama 4-12x40 AO/IR for the TX. The other choice was the Airmax. But for an extra £20 you get IR on the panorama - i don't use IR that often but when you need it it's there..

Be mindful of getting a scope bigger than 40mm as it 'could' mean you'll need to fit high mounts instead of mediums.

I have had a few scopes on my TX over the years, currently using a Nikko Stirling Panama 3-9x40 which suits it very well, tough little scope and great optics for the money and a half mil dot reticle.

maxtremis,

My TX200 wore a Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5 - 5 x 20 (parallax adjusted to 40 meters) for many, many years. For me, it was an excellent general purpose scope.

It then wore a Hawke Sidewinder 30 10 x 42 for HFT use. Again, for me, this proved to be an excellent scope.

(I always use BKL mounts.)

It is currently wearing some aperture sights, Centra front and Gehmann rear, as I am now using it as an impromptu 10m target rifle.

Very versatile these TXs

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

I use a Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 mildot on most of the legal limit rifles I have ever owned including several TX200HC's and I am delighted with them. The only thing to watch -and this applies to any rifle with a loading port or a break barrel-is that it isn't too long making access to the loading port more difficult or breaking the barrel impossible . Other than that most scopes will do so choose according to how much you are prepared to spend.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.