Thread: FWB Mod 2

FWB Mod 2

Hi Chaps

Can anyone tell me how hard it is (or not) to bulk fill a fwb mod 2?....is the preferred method a fire extinguisher?

Also how much does a decent mod 2 go for. Ball park figure.

Many thanks

Clive
    "This doll is extremely dangerous, it has voodoo qualities"

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Try a pm to I. J. on here; he used to boast about the volumes of CO2 he could fill for his pistol collection.

He may have had an FWB Model 2 at one point.

zooma is also knowledgable on classic CO2 pistols.

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Easy to fill from Firex, check by weight. Will send you pm this evening.

The Feinwerkbau Model 2 is an excellent CO2 match pistol.

I have owned the "standard" and the "compact" versions and have found them both to shoot well and with excellent accuracy - every bit as good as any PCP match pistol I have owned.

I have owned and shot lots of different CO2 match pistols over the years and have never had any problems filling them from a CO2 gas cylinder fitted with a standard valve that allows you to control the flow of the gas into the pistol cylinder.

I bought the type that comes with a "dip tube" inside so there is no need to invert the cylinder when using it - unlike those without dip tubes that need to be used inverted so the "liquid gas" can flow out correctly.

The usual method of filling is to keep the supply cylinder at room temperature but to cool the pistol cylinder (in the fridge) to get the best fill. Emptying the pistol cylinder of gas will also cool it and is another technique that works well if you are in a hurry and do not have time to wait for the fridge to cool it.

The amount of gas in the cylinder can be checked by weighing it. I bought a small cheap digital scale several years ago for this purpose (although you could risk "borrowing" the kitchen scales ).

Your pistol handbook will advise you of the weight of gas the cylinder should be filled to so the best bet is to make sure your cylinder is fully empty and weight it. After filling it with gas it should be weighed again so you know how much gas you have in the cylinder.

IJ is without doubt the master of getting as much CO2 into any pistol cylinder (and talking about it) - his constant bragging about his achievements are legendary and are well worth asking him about - especially if you have a hearing aid that you can switch off when boredom begins to set in .
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Try a pm to I. J. on here; he used to boast about the volumes of CO2 he could fill for his pistol collection.

He may have had an FWB Model 2 at one point.

zooma is also knowledgable on classic CO2 pistols.

ATB
    Mike.
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The Feinwerkbau Model 2 is an excellent CO2 match pistol.

IJ is without doubt the master of getting as much CO2 into any pistol cylinder (and talking about it) - his constant bragging about his achievements are legendary and are well worth asking him about - especially if you have a hearing aid that you can switch off when boredom begins to set in .
    The green eyed monster arrives.

Yes, I have been known to occasionally comment on the amount of CO2 one can get into ones FWB cylinder. I dont use a fire extinguisher and I weight the cylinder before and after filling. I put the cylinder for a few minutes into the freezer before filling.
    I recently sold a tatty Mod 2 with two cylinders for £225.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks for the replies guys....informative and amusing!

I am on the brink of putting out a wanted add for said FWB mod 2.

Visiting a new club tonight and will make a decision tomorrow. My top end budget is circa £300.

Clive
    "This doll is extremely dangerous, it has voodoo qualities"

Is there anything wrong with using a fire extinguisher to fill a Co2 gun like the Mod 2 ?
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Question about compact match pistols

Can anyone explain to me why manufacturers like Steyr offer their PCP match pistols in compact size, are they for youngsters ?
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    Is there anything wrong with using a fire extinguisher to fill a Co2 gun like the Mod 2 ?
    Not that I am aware of. Provided the Co2 Firex is fitted with a dip/syphon tube which extends to the bottom of the tank to ensure liquid CO2 flows (as per the FWB Manual for the Model 2).
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 05-11-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Can anyone explain to me why manufacturers like Steyr offer their PCP match pistols in compact size, are they for youngsters ?
    Think it's more to do with offering a shorter, lighter pistol with a shorter sight base for those that prefer that; some adults prefer the compact size. FWB also made the Model 2 in a compact/short version.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    No, it more to do with weight distribution and ballance, but they do suit the more "compact" build. Its personal preference. The Mens British Championships was won with an LP 2 compact a couple of years ago.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?