Thread: CP99 accuracy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

CP99 accuracy

Just got one cheap - I quite like it actually. Feels well put togther, nice enough on both single and DA.

But the accuracy was quite crap.. 4-5" groups @ 10 yards. I removed the barrel and gave it a larger lead in, as I figured such extreme innacuracy could only be due to misalignment, and things did improve a good bit, down to around 2.5" groups (and a more even dispersion). Not sure I want to go further though. Using JSB exacts (I tried loads, they were the best)

Any tips / ideas ? What should it achieve ? It's good enough for what I bought it for - fast fire tin can bashing - but I can't help but think it could be better.

Also the signts appear fixed, non adjustable - is the rearsight glued on ? Might just need to make a new "mask" blade to overlay - it shoots low, so that would actaully work quite well, i.e. lift the rear up.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Try 6 yards.
    Umarex pistols tend to struggle a bit at 10.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Try 6 yards.
    you are no use
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

and by comparison, 40 year old crosman 38T revelover is shooting 2" groups right off the bat; haven't even cleaned the barrel or tested any other pellets...

That's progress for you.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Try 6 yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    you are no use
    Agreed. The S&W revolver is the only Umarex that can just about hold the black (a couple of inches C to C), at 10M.

Look at practical pistol shooting (available in most countries other than here).

They shoot at huge steel plates about four foot wide, from about five yards away. And they have at least 850 FPS (.45ACP) to play with.

You want to be shooting at the doors of a barn with a Umarex. But watch out for rebounds!