Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WW2 Era Pellet pistols?

Smith & Wesson 78 & 79G ?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Smith & Wesson 78 & 79G ?
    This is a copy of a 50's .22 target pistol so not around in WW2
    Last edited by Bjacobs571; 04-11-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Isn't there also a pellet-firing Nagant?
    I just sold my .177 bb Nagant they fit the bill small to the hand for a young person and very nice to shoot in single action a pellet shooting one if you could get hold of one would be perfect also very accurate at 7 or 10 m only sold the one that I had as I have not used it for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Take your point- in that case my casting vote has to be the pellet firing Webley MKIV
    Agreed - I forgot to mention in my previous post that I do, indeed, have the pellet version.
    It is the best replica pistol I have seen.

HI mate, if you can try and get your boy Yo hold out and save the rest up and go for the webley MKVI revolver in the pellet version trust me he would not be disappointed, it's one of if not the best and most realistic airgun revolver on the market, I have reviewed the bb version on my YouTube channel..

Personally I would not get the umarex 1911a1 pellet pistol I have one and to be honest it's easily the least favorite in my collection, out of the box unless to tune and smooth them if feels rough to shoot, the trigger pull is long and crunchy and creepy, the grip safety is way to stiff for any 1911 and feels uncomfortable to be honest, a lot of people deactivate the grip safety but I don't see the point in that, ad it's one of the 1911's best features..
    I have a few 1911's in my collection and the Umarex 1911a1 pellet shooter is the one I like the least with ease, I have shot real 1911's and the Umarex pellet version just don't feel right, it's got uneven balance and like I say the controls feel awful.. Don't get me wrong though I'm not a umarex pellet gun hater lol.. I love my Umarex beretta 92fs..

It's a shame your gun club does not allow the use of 4.5mm lead BB's or even 4.5mm plastic BB's and your choices would open on hugely..

ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

General Patton was said to carry two colt new model army pistols (.45 peacemakers) which almost makes them WWII which would include the Umarex peacemakers they will shoot pellets even if they are the bb version
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    General Patton was said to carry two colt new model army pistols (.45 peacemakers) which almost makes them WWII which would include the Umarex peacemakers they will shoot pellets even if they are the bb version
    I'll add the peacemakers are awesome guns I love mine, had both and I would 100% choose the pellet version over the bb versions, quality and performance wise..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    If you want a real deal WWII era pellet pistol, look for a Haenel Mod 28. It's not a replica but it's a quality air gun with more than a passing resemblance to a Luger.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

I handled a pellet firing Webley MkVI in a shop & was staggered at how much it looked & felt like the real deal. Militaria is a hobby of mine so I've seen a few of the real ones & apart from the odd feature like a safety catch it really was a very good copy.
    Last edited by ETCHY; 23-11-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Crosman 38c or 38t- based on the S&W Mod 10 M&P revolver? These come up second hand now and then. The Mod 10 was used in WW2 by US and Allied forces.