HI mate, if you can try and get your boy Yo hold out and save the rest up and go for the webley MKVI revolver in the pellet version trust me he would not be disappointed, it's one of if not the best and most realistic airgun revolver on the market, I have reviewed the bb version on my YouTube channel..

Personally I would not get the umarex 1911a1 pellet pistol I have one and to be honest it's easily the least favorite in my collection, out of the box unless to tune and smooth them if feels rough to shoot, the trigger pull is long and crunchy and creepy, the grip safety is way to stiff for any 1911 and feels uncomfortable to be honest, a lot of people deactivate the grip safety but I don't see the point in that, ad it's one of the 1911's best features..
I have a few 1911's in my collection and the Umarex 1911a1 pellet shooter is the one I like the least with ease, I have shot real 1911's and the Umarex pellet version just don't feel right, it's got uneven balance and like I say the controls feel awful.. Don't get me wrong though I'm not a umarex pellet gun hater lol.. I love my Umarex beretta 92fs..

It's a shame your gun club does not allow the use of 4.5mm lead BB's or even 4.5mm plastic BB's and your choices would open on hugely..

ATB Marc