Thread: FWB model 80

FWB model 80

Like the look of these target pistols so started looking at what's available .

I'm sure they were top of the pops back in their day, but the one I've seen that's a reasonable distance from me is in Huddersfield but at an eye watering 595.00

It's also on gunstar , in its box etc but that feels like a heavy price or am I just thinking wrong ?

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Yes, way over the odds for a 2nd hand 80.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

£220 - £295 would be what I'd expect to pay depending on condition, time of year and completeness (box, test card etc), They're not a rare gun so plenty about to choose from, Find one that has been resealed (normally noticeable by the fitment of a blue breach seal) although this is not a guarantee that the buffer has also been replaced.
    Last edited by nige346; 22-12-2018 at 09:19 AM.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

How much?

That's twice the price it should be up for. I assume its a trade sale?
    £300 will get you a very nice example of this fabulous pistol.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Lots of these on egun.de at Reasonable prices
    Bought a few from there with no problems, 2-3 days postage to your door.

Matt.

Thanks for input chaps , its up with Tim Dyson Air guns

I'll keep my eye out for a minty ready to shoot one privately .

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    £595...its up with Tim Dyson Air guns
    Good thing you did your research!
    He must catch out a few people with those frankly ridiculous prices.

£250-£300 should find you a nice one.

nikonf Guest

FWb 65 or 8o

Hi a mint ,boxed FWB 65 ,80 should fetch at least £400, and I mean mint,cdn is everything in these period
    pistols.

I agree £400 wouldn't be out of the question but I have seen these usually for sale between 350 and 400 so I have to agree 595 does seem over priced.

My very very nice one two to three years ago was £310, and neither a bargain nor a rip-off.

The truth is that a very large number of FWB 65/80/90s were made. A lot come onto the second hand market in Germany and quite a few find their way here. Since the internals don't really wear out - just easily obtainable service parts - each one goes on and on. So it will probably be true for many years to come.

But the intervals between really nice, little used examples appearing are slowly getting longer and you have to wait very patiently if you want one of the scarcer variations.

The prices in the UK have historically been high compared to German ones, which probably reflects the high prices they sold for when new. But as mentioned, £600 is ridiculous and far more than they are worth given the large supply.

As shooters they are probably one of the best value air pistols money can buy, along with the cheaper Diana mod 6, and very few people regret buying one. I loves 'em!

My collection is here:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ol-collection/

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.