Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
That's pretty content rich Boydy. Very informative. Interesting that Lil Gun didn't come out on top.

I've got some H110 left at home that I might have to revisit. Didn't try it with the 40gr V-Max.

At the time, I had a quick look on the Hodgdon reloading webpage and Lil Gun appeared to be pushing the V-Max faster.

He is well over the book max load of 11.2gr if his advice is to use 14gr - 15gr so I'd proceed with caution.

I'm not sure whether I'd even fit that amount of powder in my cases unless it's a much finer powder than Lil Gun. Also, I wonder how that load would affect brass longevity. H110 seems to have much higher pressure than Lil Gun
He's working with the mythical rem brass that I have a couple of hundred of but hints at win perhaps being better brass. He is looking at pushing the hornet to its limits but he suggests the reductions to be made for different brass, COALs and for increased brass life all in all quite handy!

I was about to buy another tub of lilgun but I think I may try some h110 I want to try a couple of loads in the .357 anyway!