Thread: Interesting article for .22H reloaders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Very impressive indeed. I'm only getting 3,000fps using 12.5gr of Lil Gun and that's close to having a full case.

Think I'll invest in some new Winchester brass and buy a neck sizing die to see if the capacity of the cases increase after firing. I'll then get experimenting with H110

I comfortably load 13.3gn lilgun in rem brass with 35gn vmax in my cz 527

Quote Originally Posted by nicholiath View Post
    I comfortably load 13.3gn lilgun in rem brass with 35gn vmax in my cz 527
    Rem brass does give noticeably more capacity than other head stamps, my last lot of test loads I got up to 14 gr no issues with capacity, pistol primers didn't like it though reading the article that may be more to do with the power of the firing pin on the CZ527 than anything
    Thanks for looking

Anyone know where to source Remmy brass for the Hornet?

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
    Anyone know where to source Remmy brass for the Hornet?
    Well I bought a box of factory 45gn sp's that had been gathering dust in the back of a cupboard, they shot very well too.

Just remembered a load of cases I got off Allan, sure enough loads of rem's (but all K's) I'll have to see what I can get in them

There's also a short article on hornet loading in the Dec Shooting Sports magazine, but not worth especially buying the mag for.

Just did a quick check with my K cases filled to the brim with lil-gun, S&B hold 14.2gn, Hornady hold 15gn, Frontera hold 15.5gn, Rem hold 16gn - I wasn't expecting such variation
    Last edited by angrybear; 05-11-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well I bought a box of factory 45gn sp's that had been gathering dust in the back of a cupboard, they shot very well too.

Just remembered a load of cases I got off Allan, sure enough loads of rem's (but all K's) I'll have to see what I can get in them

There's also a short article on hornet loading in the Dec Shooting Sports magazine, but not worth especially buying the mag for.

Just did a quick check with my K cases filled to the brim with lil-gun, S&B hold 14.2gn, Hornady hold 15gn, Frontera hold 15.5gn, Rem hold 16gn - I wasn't expecting such variation
    Yeah you get huge variation, I have to rezero when switching between batches of ammo loaded in hornady (frontera) / win / PPU brass as the difference in pressure causes a change in POI. I do wish rem brass was easier to get hold of!

The S&B capacity is handy to know, looks like a good candidate for a reduced load
    Thanks for looking