Thread: Webley Pistols-

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Agree with all of the above.

Easiest reasonably powerful recoilling springer I own (3 of them) to shoot is the Diana LP5/5G.

But if you can shoot a Webley well - I can't, consistently, though have moments when it all does come together- you can shoot anything well.
    I wonder if it maybe the ptfe washer in the Tempest ...that is so temperature sensitive ...that exasperates the problem....or if it is just down to the rear moving piston that requires perfect consistant hold for the secondary recoil.
    ....results from tonights little visit to my club.
    Tempest.....177 R10....10 mts.....rested ....10 shot.....1.5 inch gp and one discounted flier .....my fault.
    Walther LP53 same pellets.......rested .....10 shots ......0.75 inch gp.....no fliers.

off hand
    Tempest ....same pellets and range .....2.2 inch after 20 shots......15th shot almost 3 inch flier..
    Walther ....nearly 20 pellets into 1 inch circle with one flier at 1.3 inch...my fault

Thus the Walther produces less than half the gp size....
    I also tried a batch of Mosquito through the Webley for a slight improvement, suggesting the webley liked these better or maybe i had fully warmed up but later cut the walthers gp size back even smaller with the R10 s..

The Walther is a (old) matchpistol. Thats no comparison.
    I use JSB Exact in my Tempest .177 and FTT 5.53 in my 5.5 Tempest

Modski, yeah me too. Never tried it since though.
    ATB,
    yana