Thread: Webley Pistols-

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley v Walther

Enjoyed reading through the thread as having recently started using my LP53 and several Webleys after a long break.

I think the LP53 is much easier to shoot with a much better trigger, I can feel the first and second stages which aids accuracy. I also find it much easier to cock too, although I like the 'heft' and feel of the Webley.

I love shooting the good old webley pistols and with practice I could get quite good groupings with my old Hurricane but I sold that one as I did not like the look of it and I got a Walther LP53 lovely looking thing but I could not hit as the saying goes a barn door with it.

So that one had to go and I got my lovely mint all steel webley premier in .22 that one is a keeper when I can be bothered to practice I can get down to 1" groups with it.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    I love shooting the good old webley pistols and with practice I could get quite good groupings with my old Hurricane but I sold that one as I did not like the look of it and I got a Walther LP53 lovely looking thing but I could not hit as the saying goes a barn door with it.

So that one had to go and I got my lovely mint all steel webley premier in .22 that one is a keeper when I can be bothered to practice I can get down to 1" groups with it.
    With the WALTHER you require a tighter hold but the pellet type is critical.
    You need Falcons, H&N match finale or Excite ....soft slightly smaller dia skirt pellets for the tight bore.
    Once mastered you can get down to 20mm groups but ive managed smaller.
    I would recommend one of my kits with single spring for improved power and accuracy also.

With your Premier u are already out shooting anyone ive ever met with one, incl myself.....so can offer you nothing there