Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Pistols-

Agree with all of the above.

Easiest reasonably powerful recoilling springer I own (3 of them) to shoot is the Diana LP5/5G.

But if you can shoot a Webley well - I can't, consistently, though have moments when it all does come together- you can shoot anything well.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Agree with all of the above.

Easiest reasonably powerful recoilling springer I own (3 of them) to shoot is the Diana LP5/5G.

But if you can shoot a Webley well - I can't, consistently, though have moments when it all does come together- you can shoot anything well.
    I wonder if it maybe the ptfe washer in the Tempest ...that is so temperature sensitive ...that exasperates the problem....or if it is just down to the rear moving piston that requires perfect consistant hold for the secondary recoil.
    ....results from tonights little visit to my club.
    Tempest.....177 R10....10 mts.....rested ....10 shot.....1.5 inch gp and one discounted flier .....my fault.
    Walther LP53 same pellets.......rested .....10 shots ......0.75 inch gp.....no fliers.

off hand
    Tempest ....same pellets and range .....2.2 inch after 20 shots......15th shot almost 3 inch flier..
    Walther ....nearly 20 pellets into 1 inch circle with one flier at 1.3 inch...my fault

Thus the Walther produces less than half the gp size....
    I also tried a batch of Mosquito through the Webley for a slight improvement, suggesting the webley liked these better or maybe i had fully warmed up but later cut the walthers gp size back even smaller with the R10 s..

The Walther is a (old) matchpistol. Thats no comparison.
    I use JSB Exact in my Tempest .177 and FTT 5.53 in my 5.5 Tempest

Modski, yeah me too. Never tried it since though.
    ATB,
    yana

My first airgun was a Webley Junior air pistol and I still have it. I have owned a number of Webly pistols. They were superbly made and with two hand shooting as a teenager I was able to shoot a number of brown rats and close range sparrows (as you could in those days). That said, and I do thnk they were terriifc pieces of engineering, I believe they are terrible to try and shoot acurately compared to more shootable pistols. So hard to shoot straight, that if you can put 5 shots inside a 10m pistol black at 10m, then you would be awesome with soemthing else.
    BorderBorder

Webley v Walther

Enjoyed reading through the thread as having recently started using my LP53 and several Webleys after a long break.

I think the LP53 is much easier to shoot with a much better trigger, I can feel the first and second stages which aids accuracy. I also find it much easier to cock too, although I like the 'heft' and feel of the Webley.

I love shooting the good old webley pistols and with practice I could get quite good groupings with my old Hurricane but I sold that one as I did not like the look of it and I got a Walther LP53 lovely looking thing but I could not hit as the saying goes a barn door with it.

So that one had to go and I got my lovely mint all steel webley premier in .22 that one is a keeper when I can be bothered to practice I can get down to 1" groups with it.

Quote Originally Posted by beagle2 View Post
    I love shooting the good old webley pistols and with practice I could get quite good groupings with my old Hurricane but I sold that one as I did not like the look of it and I got a Walther LP53 lovely looking thing but I could not hit as the saying goes a barn door with it.

So that one had to go and I got my lovely mint all steel webley premier in .22 that one is a keeper when I can be bothered to practice I can get down to 1" groups with it.
    With the WALTHER you require a tighter hold but the pellet type is critical.
    You need Falcons, H&N match finale or Excite ....soft slightly smaller dia skirt pellets for the tight bore.
    Once mastered you can get down to 20mm groups but ive managed smaller.
    I would recommend one of my kits with single spring for improved power and accuracy also.

With your Premier u are already out shooting anyone ive ever met with one, incl myself.....so can offer you nothing there

im not a lover of webley guns,i liked em in the 70s 80s had a nice tracker which was a nice gun,but now use weihrauch which to me is way better than webley but thats just my opinion.ive had 2 or 3 webley tempest pistols which i found were bad for accuracy,plus there made in turkey now.best pistol ive had was a bsa scorpion,good for power and i was a crack shot with open sights, gun was great for accuracy but my eyes arent the same now so open sights no good for me.not a big fan of webley

Anyone tried the big Diana pistols? Lp8? I think they look the part.. similar to a scorpion..

I'm beginning to regret selling my fwb100... I'm actually feeling 10m withdrawal symptoms.. the old tempest just doesn't cut it.. at least with the fwb I knew the gun was capable of one hole.. the skill was in the moment.
    Donald