Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Empty powder tubs...

Empty powder tubs...

What do you guys do with yours when empty?

Throw them away, or use them for.....

Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    What do you guys do with yours when empty?

Throw them away, or use them for.....
    Storing brass or decanting n140 into...
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Storing brass or decanting n140 into...
    Is that a 3.5kg tub your decanting from? Tempted to get one of these at the shooting show if a deals to be had... currently £75/kg for Viht.

Is that a 3.5kg tub your decanting from? Tempted to get one of these at the shooting show if a deals to be had... currently £75/kg for Viht.
    £60 a KG in 3.5KG tubs
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

They are good strong bottles.
    I keep oil and cutting oil in them instead of keeping a part empty big can. I have also got a drop of leftover paint in one.

I take mine back to guy I get my powder off as he buys it in 10kg tubs saves him having to get new tubs and keeps his costs down.

Yes, A member of our club is able to buy at £199 a tub plus £7 delivery so if we buy a tub each ) £203.50, I'm using it to good effect over 3 calibres as it works out so cost effective to buy in bulk plus it's obviously all the same batch! I decant to keep the big tub sealed as much as possible as it last 18 minutes moths to 2 years, I just fill a 1lb clearly marked tub and use that when I load.
    Thanks for looking

Yes, A member of our club is able to buy at £199 a tub plus £7 delivery so if we buy a tub each ) £203.50, I'm using it to good effect over 3 calibres as it works out so cost effective to buy in bulk plus it's obviously all the same batch! I decant to keep the big tub sealed as much as possible as it last 18 minutes moths to 2 years, I just fill a 1lb clearly marked tub and use that when I load.
    At that price I'm jealous... let's hope I can get anywhere near this at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger 10 22 View Post
    I take mine back to guy I get my powder off as he buys it in 10kg tubs saves him having to get new tubs and keeps his costs down.
    Yeah what I did with several suppliers to get my GM3 powder,unfortunately the importer is now refusing to sell RFD's the drums and will now only supply the small pound tubs.

At that price I'm jealous... let's hope I can get anywhere near this at the show.
    Quite possible, HPS (hereford) did a 10% off their normal price of £220.00 for preorders collected at the trafalgar meet, if they're at the shooting show they may do the same. I'm tempted to get a tub of N160 but only use that for a couple of loads so can't justify it, HPS charge £64 for a kilo so still pretty good value.
    Thanks for looking

Quite possible, HPS (hereford) did a 10% off their normal price of £220.00 for preorders collected at the trafalgar meet, if they're at the shooting show they may do the same. I'm tempted to get a tub of N160 but only use that for a couple of loads so can't justify it, HPS charge £64 for a kilo so still pretty good value.
    Thanks, having had a quick look on the Shooting Show Exhibitors list, they didn't pop up

Let's hope someone at the show will be equally competitive. To far a drive for me, yet posting may be an option if I were to bulk buy.... storing any excess at my parents.
    Last edited by SandyB; 09-11-2016 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks, having had a quick look on the Shooting Show Exhibitors list, they didn't pop up

Let's hope someone at the show will be equally competitive. To far a drive for me, yet posting may be an option if I were to bulk buy.... storing any excess at my parents.
    I did wonder if it was their sort of thing as they are target orientated, good luck finding some at a sensible price.
    Thanks for looking

you could try dropping a line to Ian at ITL and see if he ships
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Just called HPS-TR, they are attending the Shooting Show, so have arranged to reserve and collect there.

Their prices are very compretitive and a minimum of £7/kg cheaper than the cheapest I can find elsewhere.

Just called HPS-TR, they are attending the Shooting Show, so have arranged to reserve and collect there.

Their prices are very compretitive and a minimum of £7/kg cheaper than the cheapest I can find elsewhere.
    Happy days!
    Thanks for looking