Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Empty powder tubs...

Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    I follow you... like you say a great 'opportunity' for the importers and resellers to inflate the price under the disguise of the weak pound. GMK / my RFD charged me +9% on my TRG having had it delivered 6 months after the referendum
    Did you place the order prior to Brexit? If so I'd have told them to do one!
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Did you place the order prior to Brexit? If so I'd have told them to do one!
    Ordered in April, but unfortunately with GMK any 'special order' Tikka or Sako it's the price at time of delivery, not order that you have to pay and a letter is posted accordingly to the RFD stating this. I was aware as it's the third special order and the letter has been read to me on each occasion. Whilst annoying, not all of this was down to the Euro, as part has been due to the Sako price increases also. I had got the RFD to match the lowest price I'd found, some £100 cheaper than elsewhere, so excluding this the cost went up £125 on a £2500 gun. I could have got a .308 in April for £2545, but wanted the .260 Rem.

Whether the RFD stuck another £30-50 in their pocket, I'll never know

It's here now, so just looking forward to enjoying shooting it.

Fair enough, think I'll stick to my secondhand CZs shoot better than I can
    Thanks for looking