Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Empty powder tubs...

Smile

When I first started shooting handguns and Vhit came into the country it was sold straight from the bulk tub at my local club. It used to be weighed out into whatever plastic bag was to hand so empty tubs were never an issue.
    The good old days!

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    Storing brass or decanting n140 into...
    This with RS52....I'm posh
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    This with RS52....I'm posh
    You've seen my rifles so know I'm not, merry Christmas mate
    Thanks for looking

Zero tubs

I have several empty Howitzer Zero tubs that I would like to refill with ....Howitzer Zero.
    Anyone have any idea where I can get some or a very close alternative?
    Thank you.

D

You've seen my rifles so know I'm not, merry Christmas mate
    ditto, sorry its late bud.

I am only using it because it was bloody cheap but its superb powder.

A bit like yourself, I'm after a couple of empty Viht tubs, labels not important, but N160 would be preferred. Reason being my custom built 18mm hardwood ply storage box was tailored for Viht tubs.

I made an indentical footprint box for my primers too and still plenty of ply left from my £51 material purchase

Just a bit of a heads up. I was speaking to Matt at HPS-tr and the price, across the board, is or has gone up 15%. That's on everything as the £££ is falling

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    Just a bit of a heads up. I was speaking to Matt at HPS-tr and the price, across the board, is or has gone up 15%. That's on everything as the £££ is falling
    And you watch it go down 15% when the pound goes up again...Not.

Another company I wont touch anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    And you watch it go down 15% when the pound goes up again...Not.

Another company I wont touch anymore.
    Across the board as in UK. Not just one shop. Looks like your not using many shops now. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    Across the board as in UK. Not just one shop. Looks like your not using many shops now. Hehe
    I'm afraid I don't believe this, as the powder I have bought shortly before and shortly after Christmas has only gone up 4% - that's from someone who doesn't do it for profit
    Thanks for looking

I'm afraid I don't believe this, as the powder I have bought shortly before and shortly after Christmas has only gone up 4% - that's from someone who doesn't do it for profit
    I can't see 'Businesses' operating like this.... it's great you've got a mate / RFD that'll do that for you, but everyone has a wage to earn and staff and overheads to pay. I truly believe with the withdrawal of the main carrier withdrawing their service, delivery costs have inevitably gone up. I'd expect to have seen the BASC and Countryside Alliance, NRA to name a few protesting and lobbying with government for a provider to be guaranteed....

They all advertise how much shooting contributes to the economy and conservation..

Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    I can't see 'Businesses' operating like this.... it's great you've got a mate / RFD that'll do that for you, but everyone has a wage to earn and staff and overheads to pay. I truly believe with the withdrawal of the main carrier withdrawing their service, delivery costs have inevitably gone up. I'd expect to have seen the BASC and Countryside Alliance, NRA to name a few protesting and lobbying with government for a provider to be guaranteed....

They all advertise how much shooting contributes to the economy and conservation..
    You're missing the point here Sandy, if the issue causing the 15% hike is the weak £ as they keep telling us then it's not down to wages and overheads, these haven't increased (apart from the fact they now have to provide an employee pension - they're not blaming this)

Say their business aims to make 20% gross profit on the powder they buy in to cover wages, overheads, and profit if they bought in a kg of powder at £100 before the increase they're selling it on at £120 - £20 gross profit.

If the nett cost has increased 4% due to the weak £ then the nett cost to them is £104.00, so they sell it at £124.80 - £20.80 gross profit, they are making 4% more profit for selling the same kg of powder. That 4 % increase (£4.80) equates to a 4% increase to the consumer but they make more profit. 15% is disproportionate.

Essentially if they were covering costs and making profit before then the should be doing the same or better without the disproportionate increase.

Incidentally, the guy we get it from charges £7.00 per delivery, if he put than on per 1 kg tub he'd still come in at less than most RFDs.
    Last edited by 223AI; 27-01-2017 at 08:16 PM.
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    What do you guys do with yours when empty?

Throw them away, or use them for.....
    Great for geocaches!

Back to the OP

I fill mine with used primers. They make excellent doorstops!

You're missing the point here Sandy, if the issue causing the 15% hike is the weak £ as they keep telling us then it's not down to wages and overheads, these haven't increased (apart from the fact they now have to provide an employee pension - they're not blaming this)

Say their business aims to make 20% gross profit on the powder they buy in to cover wages, overheads, and profit if they bought in a kg of powder at £100 before the increase they're selling it on at £120 - £20 gross profit.

If the nett cost has increased 4% due to the weak £ then the nett cost to them is £104.00, so they sell it at £124.80 - £20.80 gross profit, they are making 4% more profit for selling the same kg of powder. That 4 % increase (£4.80) equates to a 4% increase to the consumer but they make more profit. 15% is disproportionate.

Essentially if they were covering costs and making profit before then the should be doing the same or better without the disproportionate increase.

Incidentally, the guy we get it from charges £7.00 per delivery, if he put than on per 1 kg tub he'd still come in at less than most RFDs.
    I follow you... like you say a great 'opportunity' for the importers and resellers to inflate the price under the disguise of the weak pound. GMK / my RFD charged me +9% on my TRG having had it delivered 6 months after the referendum