Hi,

As a shooter who is not keen on firearm replicas I have collected a bunch of various air pistols. Thing is, what really is the generic shape of an air pistol? Is there even such a thing?

The words 'weird and wonderful' spring to mind as I browse the Brocock, Crosman, Weihrauch, Cometa, Diana, Gamo, SMK etc offerings. So many designs based on different power sources.

So, my question is: What do you see as the generic shape of an air pistol? For me, maybe due to my age, the Webley Senior/Premier is the enduring image of what I imagine an air pistol to look like. It is a handy, compact size, and does not copy any kind of firearm. From my current collection I would say that the Crosman 2240 looks like an air pistol, closely followed by the Cometa Indian. The Brocock Grand Prix looks like a space gun, the Weihrauch HW45 looks like a bloated 1911 firearm on steroids, the Diana break barrel looks like a part of an air rifle, and the new SMK 700 does look like a possible air pistol shape of the future - very nice that one.

How about you?

C.