Thread: Percission caps

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Percussion caps

Anyone else finding it difficult to get hold of No. 11 percussion caps? Mc Avoy hasn't got any and my club's RFD says he can't get them.
    It's looking as if I'll have to bite the bullet and pay £27 delivery charge or go on a 140 mile round trip to Kranky Henry's for some.
    Last edited by lilguy43uk; 10-11-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Quote Originally Posted by lilguy43uk View Post
    Anyone else finding it difficult to get hold of No. 11 percussion caps? Mc Avoy hasn't got any and my club's RFD says he can't get them.
    It's looking as if I'll have to bite the bullet and pay £27 delivery charge or go on a 140 mile round trip to Kranky Henry's for some.
    I bought the last ones around this parts......to share out, of course.

tac

No problem getting Remington no 11 caps, rimfire magic had a big box full, the new gun shop in Doncaster has just got a load in as well. Try dynamit nobe RWS 1075 caps, same size as the 11's. The 1075's are available in 2 types, standard and magnum hotter burning.
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    No problem getting Remington no 11 caps, rimfire magic had a big box full, the new gun shop in Doncaster has just got a load in as well. Try dynamit nobe RWS 1075 caps, same size as the 11's. The 1075's are available in 2 types, standard and magnum hotter burning.
    Living in sight of Hadrian's Wall seems to be a pre-requisite for percussion cap purchase...anybody here live a tad nearer the Channel who has easy access to the bl**dy things? A guest day on our range can easily use a tinful, often more.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Living in sight of Hadrian's Wall seems to be a pre-requisite for percussion cap purchase...anybody here live a tad nearer the Channel who has easy access to the bl**dy things? A guest day on our range can easily use a tinful, often more.

tac
    Buying caps and black powder, yet another reason to move up north!
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    Buying caps and black powder, yet another reason to move up north!
    Joking apart, we have a great love affair with the North of the country, and have often thought of a move North of York. I used to do a lecture/presentation to the SOCO course up at Harperly Hall near Fir Trees, and one of the joys of the journey was stopping in roadside rest-places to see the wondrous scenery. Hereabouts, of course, there is totally b*gger-all scenery, which is why the locals make so much of the 'BIG East Anglia sky....'.

Truth is, there's nothing else to see.

tac

As an alternative if you are extremely patient you may be able to pickup a 2nd hand Forster Tap-O-Cap and make your own caps. They aren't made anymore and I sold mine years ago as I didn't have the patience to churn out any usable number of caps but they did work.

Its a punch/die for making the cap body out of coke cans and the ignition element out of paper roll caps for toy guns.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    a tad nearer the Channel who has easy access to the bl**dy things?
    I think C & H Westons in Brighton has them, how about MLAGB Warwick?

Dauntsey Guns and Fultons stock caps

A good supplier of black powder and caps Peter Starley Warwickshire, always very helpful.

http://www.black-powder.co.uk/order.htm

As I've yet to have a positive experience with Peter Starley, I'll refrain from commenting further.