Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally have a decent pistol!

finally have a decent pistol!

Purchased a pre loved 20 year old Morini 162e which arrived yesterday. (Many thanks jimmytwobikes)

Seems to fit my medium to small hands well. Lovely trigger!

Expect the usual flotilla of questions (some of which WILL be stupid)

Looking forward to trying at the club!

Clive
    "This doll is extremely dangerous, it has voodoo qualities"

Congrats

About time someone purchased that!
    Should shoot just as well as a new one, so great saving.
    Plus you have two spare Grips.

Congrats, your scores should fly up now. No excuse

Quote Originally Posted by nickm marshall View Post
    About time someone purchased that!
    Should shoot just as well as a new one, so great saving.
    Plus you have two spare Grips.
    Blimey at last, Think the market must be bad at the moment, (Brexit or Trump ) great pistol and a great price and as Nick states should shoot just as well as a new model, they really haven't changed that much, the batteries can be tricky to get for the older one, should find them online easy enough, keep a spare and problem solved, enjoy it, best move I made was buying a Morini
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thanks guys. Just ordered a couple of battery's of Amazon for under a tenner.

Looking forward to using in anger!

Here's a quick question....when filling, how do you now when you've reached the 300 bar limit?

Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Smithfire View Post
    Thanks guys. Just ordered a couple of battery's of Amazon for under a tenner.

Looking forward to using in anger!

Here's a quick question....when filling, how do you now when you've reached the 300 bar limit?

Clive
    you'll know when you hit 300 bar it will go bang!!! it's a 200 bar Cylinder,

Use the gauge on your cylinder but 200 bar only max, unless someone else knows different all Morini's I know of are 200 fill pressure
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Told you some of my questions would be stupid!!

In my defence it does say 300bar MAX in the instructions.

What would be the the optimal fill?

Clive

Congrats. Theyre great. Have 1 too. Regarding yr future questions:
    Yes its normal that the E trigger sometimes double-clicks upon firing
    Yes, the cockinglever block automatically when you reach 80/90 bar
    No you cant detach the cilinder
    Yes you can have morini re-test yr cilinder
    Yes they can also fully service yr pistol incl battery pack of the trigger

I dó advice the muzzle brake of the later 162E's. Dunno wether yrs has the weight or the brake?
    You can order spares directly from morini factory. (but dó add taxes as Swiss is non-EU)
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Congrats. Theyre great. Have 1 too. Regarding yr future questions:
    Yes its normal that the E trigger sometimes double-clicks upon firing
    Yes, the cockinglever block automatically when you reach 80/90 bar
    No you cant detach the cilinder
    Yes you can have morini re-test yr cilinder
    Yes they can also fully service yr pistol incl battery pack of the trigger

I dó advice the muzzle brake of the later 162E's. Dunno wether yrs has the weight or the brake?
    You can order spares directly from morini factory. (but dó add taxes as Swiss is non-EU)
    Thanks Yank

As you probably know, mine is a 162e without the gauge on the end of the cylinder. So how do I know how much air to fill it with? I'm guessing that the gauge on the dive bottle at the club where I shoot will have a gauge that tells you what the pressure is in that....but not the gun.

Clive

Sorry Yana....bloody predictive text!

Told you some of my questions would be stupid!!

In my defence it does say 300bar MAX in the instructions.

What would be the the optimal fill?

Clive
    There's no stupid questions, there questions cos you don't know the answer and therefore ask, that's just sensible, it may be a case that the pre-manometer cylinders were different, someone may know if this is the case,

However I would Stick to 200 bar, the regulator on Morini's is excellent and designed to operate from this pressure down, I have found no sweet spot on mine it shoots superbly from 200 down to when the trigger block cuts in letting me know it needs a fill, the gauge on your club bottle will let you know what the fill is.

There is a kit to convert the fixed cylinder to removeable although not sure what the cost is, unless you really want to have removeable cylinders it's not nessesary however if you are sending the pistol for service it's something to consider (depending on the cost of course.) certainly if you were considering having the cylinder updated I would seriously think about it. But for purpose of shooting it's not a must, I get two full 60 shot comps and sighters from a cylinder with ease.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    There's no stupid questions, there questions cos you don't know the answer and therefore ask, that's just sensible, it may be a case that the pre-manometer cylinders were different, someone may know if this is the case,

However I would Stick to 200 bar, the regulator on Morini's is excellent and designed to operate from this pressure down, I have found no sweet spot on mine it shoots superbly from 200 down to when the trigger block cuts in letting me know it needs a fill, the gauge on your club bottle will let you know what the fill is.

There is a kit to convert the fixed cylinder to removeable although not sure what the cost is, unless you really want to have removeable cylinders it's not nessesary however if you are sending the pistol for service it's something to consider (depending on the cost of course.) certainly if you were considering having the cylinder updated I would seriously think about it. But for purpose of shooting it's not a must, I get two full 60 shot comps and sighters from a cylinder with ease.
    Thanks nige 346, that was the answer I was after. Ill deffo stick to 200 bar. I have no way of knowing how much is in the cylinder!

I might look at getting it converted long term....seems like there isnt much factory support in the UK, unless you know different?

Many thanks

Clive

Factory support

It's Iqbal again.

I have one or two detachable old cylinders with gauges. Will sell very cheaply. Think they both need a re-seal.
    Will check if interested.

Careful you don't overspend as it kinda defeats the object of finding a cheap gun.

Sorry Nick...who's Iqbal?

Are you selling the 162ei type cylinders with gauges built in?

I might be interested if this is a home conversion?

Many thanks

Clive

Sorry Nick...who's Iqbal?

Are you selling the 162ei type cylinders with gauges built in?

I might be interested if this is a home conversion?

Many thanks

Clive
    Iqbal is the uk distributor for Morini, parts, accessories, servicing, made to measure grips all supplied and he's a decent guy, will give you all the help you could need, I'll pm his number to you.
    Nige. (Sorry to jump in Nick)
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,