Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loose grip on a Walther LP400.

Solution

I picked up an lp400 yesterday and coming from a Steyr I could not put up with the grip issue on the lp400.

It's a very slight movement but also very annoying.

I made 2 rubber washers, one which was cut perfectly to the size of the hole on the grip with the centre cut out exactly the size of the bolt. Just like a normal washer.

The second washer was cut out exactly the size of the hole in the grip, but the centre hole was made smaller and scewed directly onto the bolt.

In this way the second washer sits inside the first washer. The grip is lovely now, 100% no movement

I put a pictue of the second washer here so you can see what i mean hopefully. http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/l4...tml?sort=3&o=0

I was looking for some polymer to make the washers, but all I could find was an old tennis grip enlarger that was already cut off an old raquet.

The rubber is 1mm thick and had already been preshrunk with a hairdryer, it is quite strong rubber. similar to this one https://www.racquetdepot.co.uk/tenni...FQrhGwodeDUI-Q

Hope this helps someone

Andy

It will indead as despite my post being back in November I still have a friend with a wobbly grip, I will pass on your solution,

Cheers
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    This is a warranty issue of which Walther is aware, if its in warranty return it to the supplier and get them to take it up with Walther, if they fail too, contact Walther service dept, direct in Ulm.

The problem is a rocking movement of the steel insert in the grip, which is held by an allen screw. On later versions Walther resolved it by not having that steel insert removable and have bonded the insert into the wood grip as well as the screw. If its in warranty, and in some cases out side warranty they will replace the grip with the revised bonded one.

OR, you can remove the steel insert, drill or grind relief in the wood, then use an apoxy resin (araldite works well) use a lamp bulb to warm the joint so the resin flows well into the joint of steel to wood. When it drys the problem is resolved.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?