Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I have my Stutzen back, please?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Red face Can I have my Stutzen back, please?

Evening all. Firstly, no, you’re not experiencing a forum fault, as this thread is in two sections (general airgun and the collectors section), so as to ensure I do all I can to try to reach the people I am trying to track down

Several years back when for one reason or another times became financially tight, I sold first my mint (and I mean mint) BSA .177 RB-2 Stutzen, and a year later, my beautiful v-vgc BSA .22 RB-2 Stutzen (among many others from my collection).

Well I am still far from flush, but am now at least kissing the hem of comfortable, so following the whetting of my Stutzen appetite -- which was recently re-kindled by the Stutzen .25 thread currently running in collector’s corner -- I am now in a apposition to replace at least one of my past Stutzens.

To this end, if you are one of the fellows I sold one of my BSA RB-2 Stutzen’s to (can’t remember any names, sorry, and the ex wife destroyed my hand ledger of what I bought and sold, and who to/from, and when etc), and you feel your time looking after it is almost at an end, do please drop me a line, as I would love to explore the opportunity of buying one of them (either one, not fussed, as although the .177 was arguably rarer, the .22 shot so sweetly) back if the price is right?

Yours “living in hope” Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

*** bump ***

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Evening all. Firstly, no, you’re not experiencing a forum fault, as this thread is in two sections (general airgun and the collectors section), so as to ensure I do all I can to try to reach the people I am trying to track down

Several years back when for one reason or another times became financially tight, I sold first my mint (and I mean mint) BSA .177 RB-2 Stutzen, and a year later, my beautiful v-vgc BSA .22 RB-2 Stutzen (among many others from my collection).

Well I am still far from flush, but am now at least kissing the hem of comfortable, so following the whetting of my Stutzen appetite -- which was recently re-kindled by the Stutzen .25 thread currently running in collector’s corner -- I am now in a apposition to replace at least one of my past Stutzens.

To this end, if you are one of the fellows I sold one of my BSA RB-2 Stutzen’s to (can’t remember any names, sorry, and the ex wife destroyed my hand ledger of what I bought and sold, and who to/from, and when etc), and you feel your time looking after it is almost at an end, do please drop me a line, as I would love to explore the opportunity of buying one of them (either one, not fussed, as although the .177 was arguably rarer, the .22 shot so sweetly) back if the price is right?

Yours “living in hope” Gareth.
    Great to see you back in the fold and hungry, Gareth. We've all been there... sold off prized guns to get us over a period of financial drought. Trying to recover the actual guns is a bit of a long shot, but you never know.

Best of luck, my friend.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Be lucky

We have all been there Matey, I sold this one (on the right) to Dave Berry and he kindley sold it back to me for the same price

http://s1109.photobucket.com/user/Bi....jpg.html?o=63

Cheers Danny aka 'Lucky Bump' Garvin (remember our early BBS days ??? ), and cheers, too, to me ol' mate Pete, aka Binners the 'fine purveyor of all things old and underlevered' ().

Yep, hope 'springs' eternal (did you see what I did there lol ???), so onwards and upwards as they say -- or at least slowly sideways and rising slightly up a subtle gradient ???

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Cheers Danny aka 'Lucky Bump' Garvin (remember our early BBS days ??? ), and cheers, too, to me ol' mate Pete, aka Binners the 'fine purveyor of all things old and underlevered' ().

Yep, hope 'springs' eternal (did you see what I did there lol ???), so onwards and upwards as they say -- or at least slowly sideways and rising slightly up a subtle gradient ???
    Any luck yet Gareth?

If not - free 'bump'

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post

Any luck yet Gareth?

If not - free 'bump'

ASM
    Hello my friend. Long time no cyber-speak. Trust you are well? Nowt yet, but the fat lady is still singing, so thanks for the bump.

Hi Gareth ( Mr Gamekeeper turned Poacher !! )

Lakey here.....Long time no speak. Just wanted to wish you good luck with your quest !!

All the very Best

Andy

Hope you manage to track the rifle down Gareth and good to see you back in this section.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hope you manage to track the rifle down Gareth and good to see you back in this section.

John

I wouldn't go that far

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post

Lakey here.....Long time no speak. Just wanted to wish you good luck with your quest !!
    Thanks Andy, good to hear from you again, too, and hope your modest collection of the odd under-lever ( ) isn't monopolising your banister rail too much these days (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

Cheers John, appreciated, and its good to be able to be 'active' in the collecting sphere again. Hope that rare Ltd edition BSA L-P you had off me (can't bring to mind it's actual prefix model designation) is still doing you proud.

and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post

I wouldn't go that far.
    How hurtful ... You are such a cruel and nasty beast. xx

The game is a-foot. Positive p-m received. Watch this space (and wish me luck ).

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    The game is a-foot. Positive p-m received. Watch this space (and wish me luck ).
    Good Luck Gareth - good to see someone reunited with a previous love!
    (especially an Airsporter one! )
    ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I think you ave had all the ones I acquired back again. But do you by any chance have the serial numbers of the desired I t ems?

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post

I think you ave had all the ones I acquired back again. But do you by any chance have the serial numbers of the desired I t ems?
    Hi Ollie. Great to hear from you again, too. Hope all is well ??? You still have my .177 Anchutz 335 plus my Webley Osprey, but I don't really blame you, as they are lovely bits of kit, and you still have my minty Relum Tornado (you can keep that one unless I.J. Wants it, lol), but yep, the ones I really wanted to buy back from you are now in my cabinet again, so many thanks.

My log of serial numbers has gone however.