Thread: Original 75 foresight issue

Original 75 foresight issue

Guy at my club has purchased an Original 75. The foresight is different from the usual metal insert or clear disc style. Anyone know if it is adjustable or different inserts are available??? The rear ring clicks when turned indicating adjustable??

Original 75 sight

The 75 has an adjustable sight which comprises of two plastic rings and a metal tube. One ring contains a rubber O ring which is compressed by rotating the rear ring of the sight. My rifle has 3 sizes of O ring which are about 5,4.5 and 4mm uncompressed. There is also an adapter to allow the use of metal inserts which are 16mm the same as FWB ones.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards Paul.

Bart49:

I have owned several Model 75 over the years and have always removed the standard "adjustable" type of front dioptre that relies on squashing an "O" ring to give a limited range of apertures.

If you unscrew the foresight assembly and remove all of the "innards" you will find a small disc with a pair of springs attached - one on each side.

Get yourself a front sight insert of the correct outside diameter to fit inside the foresight tunnel and fit it into the tunnel and then put the spring loaded disc back in to retain it and screw it back together again minus the red plastic assembly that includes the "O" ring.

From then onwards it is easy to change inserts to find the size you like to work with.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks for your help guys, I'll pass on the info