Thread: Foresight thown to one side.

Foresight thown to one side.

Evening peeps

One thing I've noticed over the last week of getting used to the Morini 162e, is when I bring it up in my usual stance, the fore sight blade appears to one side (the left) of the rear sight cut out. I have increase the pressure in my thumb to compensate and this centralises the fore sight.

Is this my musculature thowing the end of the gun to one side and must be trained out?

Many thanks

Clive
    "This doll is extremely dangerous, it has voodoo qualities"

The grip needs fitting to bring the sights into alignment, your wrist should be dropped slightly and in its natural resting position, at this point the sights need to line up, if not the grip requires adjustment to do so, a small amount of material added to the heal (where the pad next to your thumb is) will bring the front sight to the right,it will only take a small amount of material to make quite a significant change to the front sight.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thanks for that nige346.....I'll get the blutack out!

Clive
    "This doll is extremely dangerous, it has voodoo qualities"

Thumb pressure is unwanted.
    Re-grip the pistol. (let yr non-shooting hand give the pistol into yr shootinghand).
    The pistol is held in position by the 2 middle fingers. Pinky and thumb do not apply any pressure, nor do the finger tips.(they do touch the grip).
    To check, aim, close yr eyes than re-open.
    Pressure: do not overtighten grip pressure (white fingers). You can fiddle at bit with this. Most use the trick to over-grip than loosen.
    Regarding grip fit as stated above:the middle part of yr fingers should be straight on the foreside of the grip. If the grip is too small they wont lay on straight.
    Fingers have to get across the grip fully otherwise its too big.
    ATB,
    yana