Thread: Oaks Open Shoot 20th November Results.

Oaks Open Shoot 20th November Results.

Well that was fun......

That was what we call an Oakie wind! and it took some scalps! Ha!

Thanks to everyone that came, wasn't expecting anybody what with the forecast but i think it's fair to say that they missed a good shoot...

You won't learn the wind sitting at home....

Thanks to Charles Graeme Lewis and Shaun for setting out with us yesterday, despite shooting a national today and not enjoying the fruits of your labour!

Thanks to Shaun and the Buxted members that helped set field and sign in for me!

Another huge thanks to Shaun (The Cow wisperer...) and wes and Grandad for dragging it all in, thanks to the Buxted boys for offering to help!

Scores as follows;

Mike Byford - 52

Roger Dibbens - 48

Maciek Pajek - 47

Vince Guy - 46

Simon Whittick - 46

Kevin Hills - 44

Kevin Wickson - 43

Howard Kalisch - 42

Shaun Wilson - 41

Mariusz Morzuch - 39

Wes Micklethwaite - 36

14 Donuts in total....it was proper windy on that hill

Have a great week guys!

Spongey X
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Thanks to the Oakies - absent or not! Glad the 50mph winds gave us a miss but still tricky.
    Is it Sunday yet? Be the pellet. Daystate Griffin + Aztec Emerald
    DS Bluewolf, DS Mk3 177 & 22, ProSport 177.
    2x SIHFT Champ 2017 & 2019, BARC HFT Open Class 2018

thought the targets on 17 & 29 were a bit evil in that wind 😀😳. Enjoyable mornings shoot despite the hurricane though 😀.
    “To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target”

Red ISP Airstream serial number 48 in a Tilly stock. Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 X 32 MOA

[QUOTE=blackscale;7127000]Well that was fun......

You won't learn the wind sitting at home....

Didn't learn it being there either 😀😀
    “To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target”

Red ISP Airstream serial number 48 in a Tilly stock. Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 X 32 MOA

Quote Originally Posted by kev12870 View Post
    thought the targets on 17 & 29 were a bit evil in that wind 😀😳. Enjoyable mornings shoot despite the hurricane though 😀.
    I know, both spawned by the Devil himself! Ha!!

Good fun though wasn't it!

As for learning nothing, then you lost nothing X

'cept maybe the will to live, especially just trying to keep your cross hairs on metal on the stander!!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post

Another huge thanks to Shaun (The Cow wisperer...)
    When that big moo-cow with the horns appeared I did think to myself, 'blimey I wonder how fast that thing can run if it charges us'?

I was comforted by my next thought which was 'actually it doesn't matter, I just have to run faster than Mike'

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
    When that big moo-cow with the horns appeared I did think to myself, 'blimey I wonder how fast that thing can run if it charges us'?

I was comforted by my next thought which was 'actually it doesn't matter, I just have to run faster than Mike'
    Ha! very good, them old ones never die out no matter how much you abuse them..

All i was thinking was, i'm gonna need a bigger BUN!!