First of all many thanks to everybody who braved Storm Angus to pitch up. Although the weather wasn't as bad as we were all expecting the wind did make it interesting to say the least. The comedy events of the day was watching BOTH marshals fall into the stream at different times but from the same plank and Dave Powel finding the strategically placed tree root on peg 23 (relocated in the morning just to mix things up), don't worry Dave just sing soprano for a week or two. At least it gave me the excuse of poor shooting because of a wet behind, then again I did OK so perhaps in the future a quick bath before we start might be a good idea.
With the leaves falling it was bit difficult to spot the targets at times but hey ho that's HFT. Having been called a few choice names (evil, cunning and twisted spring to mind) the course setters did a cracking job of making this a real thinking mans course. With the added factor of the wind it was a really tricky one as well.
Young Max did brilliantly, only his second time out and one of the top scores on the day so big congrats to him. The overall scores were a bit lower than normal but that just shows how challenging it was. My personal favourite today was the long range rabbit, max range dot and an added dot for wind and boy did it feel good to watch it drop. Pity is one on the list to be moved. Any way enough boasting and on to the scores.

Rob Smith 52
Terry Evans 52
MAX LINBOURN (J) 50
Steve West 50
Dom Z 45
Duane Saunders 45
Dave Powel 45
Hayley Linbourn 42
Jason Linbourn 40
Colin Muggeridge (R) 39
Nick Farley 39