Thread: Non blowback recommendations

Non blowback recommendations

I am wanting to buy my first pistol and I want it more for accurate target shooting than realism so preferably not a blowback as it just wastes gas. Unless I am missing another major factor as to why I should buy a blowback gun?
    I would also like it to be .177 pellet as I have a ton of pellets for my rifle and read that BBs ricochet more? And dont want anything single shot (I dont think) and around the £200-300 mark.

I am a fan of modern looking pistols like P99, M1911, P226..... but I am sure one day I would buy a revolver like a Dan Wesson 8" just for fun.

Can anyone suggest any for me to look into?

Experiences/user comments welcome.

Umarex CP88, Umarex 586/686, Umarex Beretta 92.

TAU7. Rohm Twinmaster.

Crosman 600.

Hi,

OK, you want a gun that shoots straight. There are a lot of fancy gizmos out there, but they don't deliver. If I had your money in my hand I would buy a Crosman 2300T. There is nothing better than seeing (and feeling) the slugs hitting the back of the net, pellet on pellet.

c.

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    Hi,

OK, you want a gun that shoots straight. There are a lot of fancy gizmos out there, but they don't deliver. If I had your money in my hand I would buy a Crosman 2300T. There is nothing better than seeing (and feeling) the slugs hitting the back of the net, pellet on pellet.

c.
    If he changes his mind and wants a really accurate single shot, there are oodles in his price range. IZ46, FAS604, FWB 65/80/90, Diana 6G/6M/10...

If accuracy is your main criteria then a single shot pistol is most likely to be what you want.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

If you are looking for 'match quality' accuracy and single shot think about a FAS 604.
    FAS 604, Remington 1911, Colt SAA, HW45, BSA Mercury, Winchester underlever (Walther), SMK QB78

I have a Dan Wesson 2.5" which is great fun, but has a certain randomness to where the projectiles go...

But my local gun shop said the DW 715 (which I think had a 6" barrel), was very accurate when used in single action, very nicely made too compared to the older DW models.

I used to have a CP99 which was okay accuracy wise with two hands, even better with a laser fitted. My PX4 blowback would have given me better results if I avoided using it, saved the gas and just threw the pellets at the target.

Drulov DU10 might be in budget, if you can find one...

Happy shopping!

Mark.
    Last edited by Modski66; 21-11-2016 at 07:08 PM.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Thanks for all your input guys!

so I had a chance to be over to my RFD and had a look at all the toys and got a bit of advice and bought the umarex Beretta 92 to start with. There are definitely a few other models I have my eye on now

One question, I assumed once the CO2 canister was in it was punctured but the manual told me to remove the gas when in storage. So I released it and froze my thumb but now I am pretty sure that canister is empty now?

Also am I the only one that now want more? How many pistols do you guys have?

Chris

You need to empty the co2 by shooting rather than doing that.
    It wont do any harm to leave a capsule in for a few days.
    But not weeks.

Pistols are addictive but try and buy different types as you will find that similar models shoot the same and differ only in looks.

Obviously I dont do that but reasonable advice I think.
    Last edited by gingernut; 24-11-2016 at 07:21 PM.

I always leave a CO2 in the gun, sometimes for many months on end and while I respect that others disagree, this is for me the best practice for longevity. I've never had to replace a seal.

What damages seals the most is the expansion of the seal when the bulb is unscrewed, combined with the contraction and cooling of the escaping CO2.

Keep the seal moist and lubricated and be sensible and you should never have to replace them. As for leaving a bulb in, it makes no difference to the life of the seal. If you want to empty it then either shoot the gun empty or if possible dump the gas by manually opening the valve (keep the gun pointed in safe direction when doing this, if the gas is contained within the magazined rather than the gun, watch your fingers). Always ensure a gun you put away with gas in it is clear.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I have various CO2 pistols and rifles.

I too often leave the gas capsules in for sometimes months and have never had any problems.

I bought a Crosman 600 which had not been used for a couple of years and that fired perfectly when I got it home as it was still gassed up!

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    What damages seals the most is the expansion of the seal when the bulb is unscrewed, combined with the contraction and cooling of the escaping CO2.
    That makes sense.

Thanks again guys for the input.

I did put the removed cylinder back in just to try it and it was indexed fully discharged.

I will be leaving them in as I am very unlikely to shot a lot in one session and it will just be a waste.

I have been told it should shot about 60 shots on one canister. Is that about right?

Around 60 is right.

I have no problem with leaving co2 in cylinder guns like the 600.
    But despite respect for Blooregard I would not do this with your Beretta.

I have had problems with Umarexs that have had a capsule in for a long time as the seal tends to then only fit that capsule!
    A new one wont seal.

I dont think you need to worry too much but dont leave it in for weeks.

Certainly co2 guns like to be used and long storage gassed and unused is asking for problems.