Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collecting

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Ditto!!

I've thirteen Airsporters whereas i've only eight HW35's

John
    Catching you up John only two behind

Here's a thought, why not sell me one then we will both have the same number

Cheers

Mel

Anything and everything when I first started but now I tend to stick with 19th C. up to pre WWII. Having said that I still make an exception to the rule with my Airsporters and some Webley pistols.
    Mel.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    Catching you up John only two behind

Here's a thought, why not sell me one then we will both have the same number

Cheers

Mel
    I think I am a more needy cause - and I have severe Airsporteritis!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

As I'm new to this hobby I currently only have two airguns a Webley Tempest & Junior but I can't see them being just a duo for long.

I'm a "complete-ist", so tend to want to get all of a type (I'm quite normal really ) so I can see other Webleys being bought. My other hobbies are wrist watches & militaria, both of which have resulted in my other half Sophie uttering the "not another" or "do you really need any more ?" comments on more than one occasion..

Dave

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by ETCHY View Post
    As I'm new to this hobby I currently only have two airguns a Webley Tempest & Junior but I can't see them being just a duo for long.

I'm a "complete-ist", so tend to want to get all of a type (I'm quite normal really ) so I can see other Webleys being bought. My other hobbies are wrist watches & militaria, both of which have resulted in my other half Sophie uttering the "not another" or "do you really need any more ?" comments on more than one occasion..

Dave
    Good man - keep away from the Airsporters!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

I have a strong attachment to Webley mk3's due mainly to youthful nostalgia I suppose - I owned two in the late 1950's.
    Since I started collecting about fifteen years ago I have now acquired 13 of various series, stock styles and calibres.
    The collection includes at least three I 'rescued'; split stocks (repaired), missing or damaged parts (replaced).
    These are part of my general collection of pistols/rifles from different manufacturers - mostly pre-1960's.
    Aubrey

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    I have a strong attachment to Webley mk3's due mainly to youthful nostalgia I suppose - I owned two in the late 1950's.
    Since I started collecting about fifteen years ago I have now acquired 13 of various series, stock styles and calibres.
    The collection includes at least three I 'rescued'; split stocks (repaired), missing or damaged parts (replaced).
    These are part of my general collection of pistols/rifles from different manufacturers - mostly pre-1960's.
    Aubrey
    Have I seen them on Facebook? There's a chap on there with some stunning mk3's

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Have I seen them on Facebook? There's a chap on there with some stunning mk3's

John
    Not mine - I have never posted mk3 pics on Facebook. Obviously another enthusiast!
    Aubrey

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    Not mine - I have never posted mk3 pics on Facebook. Obviously another enthusiast!
    Aubrey
    Yep!!

There's a nother mk3 bloke out there!, I only have four, Would like more though!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Ok, ill own up then. I have some Webleys and an Alpha and Omega set of airsporters, Mk1 and 7 rb2, with a scattering of HWs, but underdogs are my particular thing. Haenels, I have now close to one of every model they made, but...... The big thing of the moment are Relums, plus Milbro Diana (still looking for boxed). There is also a Britsh air pistol collection, it's down to looking for extreme rarities now, and recently crap Italian air pistols and their amazing associated. Publicity.

Smile Almost, but not quite.....

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    When he won't sell you his favourite item.
    When he won't sell you his least favourite item.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    When he won't sell you his least favourite item.
    The answer I should have given - agreed!
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    The answer I should have given - agreed!
    That is you and I agreed; it must be a unanimous observation then?

Might swap though

For me its rifles that tack drive,scopes that are very bright.
    Been through most of the rifles I lusted over years ago. Had them and passed them on; most weren't half as good as the hype they had.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. HW77's seem to be my weakness. 5 at the last count. One, possibly two may have to go as part of a much needed prune. But which? I always said to myself I will have the discipline to let a rifle go, when either storage, the missus, incoming rifles
    or cash became an issue. But it is much much harder than I thought making that decision. I won the local target comp one week with the 0.22 with a 47/50 at 35 yards. So... all are tac drivers

1. HW77 MK1 0.177 full length with venom mod and original cocking lever. Venom Vantage stock. Complete re-black and V-mach kit upgrade.
    2. HW77K Mk2 0.177 lazaglide with custom under lever and venom Varminter stock.
    3. HW77 Mk1 0.22 Air Masters stalker tyrolean. V-mach.
    4. HW77 Mk2 0.177 V-glide mamba shrouded. venom Hunter tyrolean stock. (WIP - so a keeper)
    5. HW77 Zephyr 0.177

https://www.walnut.black

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Ok, ill own up then. I have some Webleys and an Alpha and Omega set of airsporters, Mk1 and 7 rb2, with a scattering of HWs, but underdogs are my particular thing. Haenels, I have now close to one of every model they made, but...... The big thing of the moment are Relums, plus Milbro Diana (still looking for boxed). There is also a Britsh air pistol collection, it's down to looking for extreme rarities now, and recently crap Italian air pistols and their amazing associated. Publicity.
    I dont understand why you buy things that you know are crap.
    I suppose they are cheap.
    Maybe you think that you will find a really good Zip pistol?
    You wont!
    I say this in a caring way.