Thread: Viking Arms. Leupold Service

Viking Arms. Leupold Service

Sent an email to these guys and they confirmed they are now carrying out repairs etc on leupold scopes via Leupold warranty. Service is 6 - 8 weeks. Mach 1.5

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Useful information that !
    Thanks
    “An airgun or two”………

I've got a couple of scopes away with them at the moment. I'll post back on here once I get them back.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Be good to hear of your results Bob !
    “An airgun or two”………

Just been told by Viking that Leupold are not going to honour their warranty on my Premier Reticle converted 6.5-20x40efr.
    I even told them I wasn't bothered if they removed the booster.
    I'll be getting in touch with Viking again.

Leupold

GMK told me a while ago when they serviced Leupold's that they will not service PR boosted scopes. All to do with the two companies having a fall out so leupold told PR to get stuffed!!!! How true that is i don't know! but Leupold will not touch them.Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    GMK told me a while ago when they serviced Leupold's that they will not service PR boosted scopes. All to do with the two companies having a fall out so leupold told PR to get stuffed!!!! How true that is i don't know! but Leupold will not touch them.Mach 1.5
    Yes they stopped servicing them , but what they would do was remove the PR parts and take them back to original specs.
    This is what I wanted them to do, but they seem to have stopped this as well.
    Might have to see what consumer rights say here as it was bought here with a lifetime warranty, so surely it should still stand.

If Leupold agreed at the time of their PR hookup that the Leupold warranty applied to PR modified scopes, then they are reneging on a commitment.

If they didn't, then their warranty does not apply, I'd have thought.

I mean, I could set myself up as a business that "improved" old cheap Leupolds by sawing them in half. Would Leupold be obliged to replace them with new ones free of charge because my "improvements" hadn't worked?

A bit tongue in cheek, but I hope the point makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    If Leupold agreed at the time of their PR hookup that the Leupold warranty applied to PR modified scopes, then they are reneging on a commitment.

If they didn't, then their warranty does not apply, I'd have thought.

I mean, I could set myself up as a business that "improved" old cheap Leupolds by sawing them in half. Would Leupold be obliged to replace them with new ones free of charge because my "improvements" hadn't worked?

A bit tongue in cheek, but I hope the point makes sense.
    Nope your spot on.
    At the time these were converted it was with the full co-operation of Leupold and one of the selling points was that the warranty stayed intact.
    They then had a falling out and it all went to pot .