Thread: .22 pellet size

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

.22 pellet size

is 5.5mm the smallest size in .22?

just got a tin of these in .22 http://www.pellpax.co.uk/acatalog/co...y_Hustler.html

the first 1 i went to shoot has jamed in the barrel . left with a tin of pellets i cant use and a blocked rifle

Ok a few quick questions.

What gun are you using?
    What EXACT size pellets are you using?

There are more than 5.5 there are 5.52 5.53 etc etc but most tins merely put 5.5 on the tin when in fact it could be a lot bigger cal

Which end of the gun are you trying to clear the blockage from.

Remember there is choke on some rifles at the front of the barrel so the further toward the front of the rifle the tighter it will get.

Try a ram rod from the forend and push the pellet back toward the breach with a little pressure it SHOULD clear.

With the S-16 there was a tendancy for people to cycle shots (without closing the breech propperly) thus the air was not enough to get the pellet out and when cycle a second and third shot they simply jammed the barrel.

I find a flat ended rod with either slight pressure of a tap from a rubber mallet will clear most blockages but ALWAYS from the muzzle end pushing the pellet back out of the breach

Zeb

It sounds like you have a tight barrel and need the smallest cal there is going.

dont have a clue as to the exact size of pellet dosent say on the tin from looking around they seem to be the 5.5 .

the gun same again havent got a clue seen it cheap an bought it to give .22 a try from looking on chambers it may be an asi sniper?

mangaed to get the pellet out was stuck in the breach pushed it into the barrel (dident have eneything long enoth to go the other way) once the skurt was in by a couple of mill it will fire it out.

tryed to clean the barrel and gave it another go but got stuck again

Sounds like you have a leak from your seal OR your piston seal may be skrewed up.

Any chance of a PIC of the gun?

If it's cheap it MAY be a one of those westlake things like a B2 and they are WELL known for being cr4p.
    You say if you push it IN to the barrel by a few mill it WILL fire?

Also sounds like you could have a poorly finished breech

If the gun was new i sugest you take it back for either replacement or a refund. Even second hand by LAW it must be able to carry out the job it is made for IE fire a pellet.

Zeb

ye it fires fine once the pellet has been pushed in a bit tryed 3 times between cleaning the barrel.

the gun wasent new or from a shop only bought it to try out a .22 started with .177 and wanted to see if i was missing eneything and to strip and restore

not much to look at but
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/harris24982/4.jpg
    hopefully that works

I had some of thoes pellets the best thing you can do is put them in the bin they are Sh t
    Steve
    Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once