Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: accupells

accupells

I was just going through a tin of 177 accupells and cant believe the amount of crap and the amount of dodgy pellets, some half made some nearly perfect but with a bit of the skirt missing, some with the mould mark from head to skirt.I was just wondering is this the norm from them or is it a bad batch because if i hadnt checked them i would have used them in competitions and wondered why i got so many fliers
    I never found this with JSB exacts only a few squashed ones as i might expect and they are pretty easy to spot before loading.

Darren Petts Guest
    It's the norm. I regularly find flat heads in there too

The trouble is ive just switched to them and find they give slightly better groups than the JSBs, but are double the price and its a bit of a lucky dip that you get a decent pellet
    Is it time to get the scales out?

Time to change again
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

What gun are you using..? I hate Accupells, too many with a loose fit, full of crud, and I don't like the lube (graphite?) they use, it clogs the barrel up IMO.
    I'm surprised you didn't get on with JSBs, they seem to suit most guns.
    Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by airgunner2388
    Time to change again
    I think you are unlucky. Apart from the graphite coating which annoys me intensely I have always found them to be well made pellets with fewer deformed ones than other makes. They are filthy little bu$$ers though!

crossaaS410 Guest
    i have never had this problem with accupels, however i have had much better accuracy out every air rifle i have owned using air arms fields.

Never been a fan ever since my S-16 fiasco...

Not reliable in certain magasine guns.

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    I think you will find that the quality varies from batch to batch. If you are buying them mail order then you take a chance on quality but if you get them from a shop ask to see in the tin. If they are crap don't buy any and if they are good empty the shelf and ask for a discount. My S310 loves them, i haven't tried any in the mk3 yet but i will see what they are like.
    Last edited by jinx; 22-08-2005 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan
    What gun are you using..? I hate Accupells, too many with a loose fit, full of crud, and I don't like the lube (graphite?) they use, it clogs the barrel up IMO.
    I'm surprised you didn't get on with JSBs, they seem to suit most guns.
    Gus
    Its a HW100 it was only when i washed the pellets, as like you said they are full of crud then was drying them i noticed all the duff ones many of which i might not of seen while loading in a darkened wood etc.Maybe it is time to go back to the drawing board and try others.
    The JSBs are good clean and hardly any duff ones, its only since i cleaned the barrel the other week i tried accupels and found the groups that bit better.
    Im fairly new to all this so im still learning, i used to think it was a case of buying any old pellet point the gut at the target and hey presto maximum points

I know it's "horses for courses," but I don't see the point of paying extra for lubed Accupells, then washing them. I know some people do, then relube them with something else...! The guys I know with HW100s use AA Fields 4.52. or JSBs, but the old advice is always "stick with what you like, and s0d the rest..!"
    Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

the proplum is that there made out of soft lead so disform at the slitist bump or knock
    joe
    daystate harrier .22 daystate harrier x2 .177 air arms hi power .22 cometa fenix .22 colt spec ops .177 AAs410.22

bluevolvo Guest

Pellets

Just try LAZADOME by webley venon, i'll say no more.

jimmer

Quote Originally Posted by bluevolvo
    Just try LAZADOME by webley venon, i'll say no more.

jimmer
    I will certainly give them a try, what gun are you using them in?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Always been good in .22, .177s are a lot iffier....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.