Thread: Crosman Medalist 11 1300 .22

Crosman Medalist 11 1300 .22

Hi
    Asked on an earlier thread if someone was willing to repair my pump up pistol
    I have had no offers even as I was willing to pay for your time
    I have purchased the O rings and have changed them but I still have air blowing out of the barrel after 3 pumps
    On the plan of the gun from T W Chambers & Co the end of the exhaust valve looks different from mine
    There is the main part of the assembly with a fine hole in the one end and there is a smaller piece that slides on to the other end tube about 3 mm long
    It shows it in two parts ,I can not see how to undo this as it looks as there is a small O ring inside and this may be the one that is leaking it looks as if the inside is not brass
    Can any one offer some advice
    I can send an email with a photo of the part
    Thanks
    Mick
    I was asked by a local farmer to preserve wildlife!!!
    Any one want a pickled squirrel ???

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    If you google 'Crosman 1400 reseal' there are quite a few articles and videos that might be of assistance - I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the valves are similar in construction.
    I've not taken your model apart - but none of them are particularly complicated although the valves can be rather tight to separate.
    The trick here is not to butcher them with unprotected mole grips, stilsons or similar.
    Good luck with yours...

Maybe worth talking to Gordon at G-Mac. Sounds like the exhaust valve and maybe he'd have it in stock?

Also, I think Terry Robb did a DVD tutorial on splitting the valve body?

Can't remember if it was Terry or Gordon that sells the collets for gripping the valve body?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

REAL IMPORTANT YOU REMOVE THE REAR SIGHT BEFORE TAKING OUT THE REAR GRIP FRAME SCREW AS YOU'LL SHEAR OFF THE SIGHT SCREW IF NOT and they're expensive to replace if you can find one and a pita to make
    it's the quad seal in the exhaust cap that's leaking the size is a bs008 x ring /quad seal it's a tricky little blighter to fit (a std bs008 o ring can be fitted but I've found they leak over time in 70 shore keep meaning to try a 90 shore one)
    the other seals are bs111 for the valve to tube and bs012 for the valve case seal ,the outer exhaust cap seal is a bs011 the check valve is a std crosman one from the later 13xx(short type)
    make sure you get the exhaust cap housing the right way round and to separate the valve case wrap a bit of leather round each piece so you can use grips if you don't have a set of valve collets
    if the piston seal is fubar'd don't bother trying to replace it as they cost a bomb to replace just get a 13xx flat top piston made to suit the shorter stroke