Thread: Holts Double Spring Clip Webley - Fake or Authentic...

Holts Double Spring Clip Webley - Fake or Authentic...

I have put together a few words and pictures to show illustrate my opinion of the double spring clip Webley that has come up for auction at Holts. You can find it here...

A Facebook account is not necessary to read the article but it is needed if you wish to leave a comment.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jimmi...68911586540047

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    I have put together a few words and pictures to show illustrate my opinion of the double spring clip Webley that has come up for auction at Holts. You can find it here...
    ce
    A Facebook account is not necessary to read the article but it is needed if you wish to leave a comment.

Hello Jimmie,

Thanks for taking the time to put together and share your very interesting article and conclusions regarding the 'Double Clip' Mk1 coming up at Holts December sale.

I guess this is yet another example of how we piece things together as more evidence becomes available.

Also, thanks to all the other members who have contributed and helped with their enlightening inputs.

Regards

Brian

This particular Webley Mk.I Double Spring Clip and it's anomalies were first written about many years ago by a well respected collector, so nothing has changed in the intervening years, only the theories, and that's all they are, as to what caused the anomalies in the first place.
    It's a pity so few, records of the time survive, and those that do have been thoroughly scoured for any relevant information, of which none was uncovered.
    It's a frustrating topic as the factual answers are unlikely ever to be discovered.

I don't suppose you have a copy of the article that you mention that I could read please?

Many thanks,
    Jimmie

I don't suppose you have a copy of the article that you mention that I could read please?

Many thanks,
    Jimmie
    Sorry, I don't, but I believe it was some thirty odd years ago.

Nice post and pictures Jimmie, I am no pistol man, but like you, I think it is right and would probably leave a bid if it was ''up my street''