Thread: Crosman 357 Air Pistol. Any good?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    Was just going to post that I think they've stopped the old 357/6 in favor of the Vigilante. Hope I'm wrong cause Id have another anytime. Most important parts are metal. I had trigger spring bust after lots of use but easily replaced it with new one from Chambers gun spares. Shame rear sights AREN'T metal as I dropped it and broke most of sight. Chambers do them for £7ish but none in stock. Enjoy your Vigilante. ATB. Pete.
    Thanks for the kind words Pete, I think the 357/6 is still in the crosman catalogue that my local dealer has. It's amazing how cheap the Crosman spare parts are, a number of my friends have the old fashioned Crosman pistols which, to my eye at least, look horrible but do shoot really well. They do make a LOT of noise though!

[QUOTE= They do make a LOT of noise though![/QUOTE]

I'll second that.Not good if you're shooting in a confined space.I only had mine a couple of days.

Ive had a go of one, lost count at 100 shots! It had a fair bit of power and was accurate
    http://co2airguns.net/Collection/Cro...57-6/index.htm
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Hi airgunnut, Thanks very much for the link, it makes interesting reading.

As said the C357 is a great pistol for the money, a few things to be careful with:

- Barrel latch, always press when closing to reduce wear on the mechanism
    - The rubber strip (no spring) under the metal plate on the receiver can become compressed resulting in a sloppy lock up. A small shim under the rubber strip sorts that out
    - The plastic clips on the inside of the grips can weaken and break. Pays to strengthen them with a dab of epoxy.
    - Be aware of the floating barrel, it is a loose fit in the plastic barrel shroud.

Get some spare mags from the site sponser and fire away!

Edit: Inexpensive RWS Geco pellets work well ;-0
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 26-11-2016 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Geco added.

357-6

Bit late, but I echo most of the comments. Prefer the Crosman to the Dan Wesson 8" I also have which cost a lot more. Does feel a bit plastic, & I did have a problem with the butt grips.
    It does seem to prefer Gecos - had misfires when using heavier pellets.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I was going to post a photo of what I got for my £95, but it would appear that I do not have permission to upload photos! Anyone know why?