Thread: Crosman 357 Air Pistol. Any good?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not sure of the current new price, but 2nd hand ones seem to go for between £40 to £55.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Not sure of the current new price, but 2nd hand ones seem to go for between £40 to £55.
    You wont get mine for that.
    But it seems right for newer plastic models.

I just bought a Crosman 357 Vigilante with a "starter kit" for £95.00. It was £80.00 for the pistol on its' own plus another £15.00 for a padded case, pellets, CO2 capsules and a few targets. I don't think that's too bad, the cheapest I found on line was £70.00 from a dealer in Sheffield but I would then have to pay £15.00 to have it sent to my local dealer. My local dealer didn't have it in stock but it should be ready for collection tomorrow lunchtime. Thanks guys for all your help, I'm looking forward to lots of plinking time!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Jock View Post
    I just bought a Crosman 357 Vigilante with a "starter kit" for £95.00. It was £80.00 for the pistol on its' own plus another £15.00 for a padded case, pellets, CO2 capsules and a few targets. I don't think that's too bad, the cheapest I found on line was £70.00 from a dealer in Sheffield but I would then have to pay £15.00 to have it sent to my local dealer. My local dealer didn't have it in stock but it should be ready for collection tomorrow lunchtime. Thanks guys for all your help, I'm looking forward to lots of plinking time!
    Was just going to post that I think they've stopped the old 357/6 in favor of the Vigilante. Hope I'm wrong cause Id have another anytime. Most important parts are metal. I had trigger spring bust after lots of use but easily replaced it with new one from Chambers gun spares. Shame rear sights AREN'T metal as I dropped it and broke most of sight. Chambers do them for £7ish but none in stock. Enjoy your Vigilante. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by peteswright View Post
    Was just going to post that I think they've stopped the old 357/6 in favor of the Vigilante. Hope I'm wrong cause Id have another anytime. Most important parts are metal. I had trigger spring bust after lots of use but easily replaced it with new one from Chambers gun spares. Shame rear sights AREN'T metal as I dropped it and broke most of sight. Chambers do them for £7ish but none in stock. Enjoy your Vigilante. ATB. Pete.
    Thanks for the kind words Pete, I think the 357/6 is still in the crosman catalogue that my local dealer has. It's amazing how cheap the Crosman spare parts are, a number of my friends have the old fashioned Crosman pistols which, to my eye at least, look horrible but do shoot really well. They do make a LOT of noise though!

[QUOTE= They do make a LOT of noise though![/QUOTE]

I'll second that.Not good if you're shooting in a confined space.I only had mine a couple of days.

Ive had a go of one, lost count at 100 shots! It had a fair bit of power and was accurate
    http://co2airguns.net/Collection/Cro...57-6/index.htm
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

I know it's a bit late but I just found this online.

http://www.airgundepot.com/head-to-h...r-article.html

I have just ordered a umarex colt python 6" but I had to get it in BB as I wanted nickel with wood effect handle but you can get the black in pellet.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed_dinner View Post
    I know it's a bit late but I just found this online.

http://www.airgundepot.com/head-to-h...r-article.html

I have just ordered a umarex colt python 6" but I had to get it in BB as I wanted nickel with wood effect handle but you can get the black in pellet.
    Hi missed_dinner, Thanks for the link. I had a look at a Colt Python the same spec as you have ordered at my local dealers' today. It's a very nice looking pistol but is too expensive for what I want to use the pistol for, plus I don't want to shoot BBs. He was asking for £170.00, so essentially double what I paid for the crosman. Enjoy your Colt Python when it arrives.