Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 357 Air Pistol. Any good?

Crosman 357 Air Pistol. Any good?

Does anyone have any experience of using one of these pistols? I'm looking for a relatively cheap revolver for plinking and this seems to fit the bill - according to the reviews I have seen on the USA websites anyway! What are my alternatives, with emphasis on not costing a lot to buy. I want to shoot pellets, not BBs and it can be .177 or .22.

Had one about ten years ago. Pretty good, considering it's a cheap thing mostly made of plastic. You could spend more and get worse.

10 shot , single or double action and great fun !

Thanks Geezer and Alakar, just the sort of stuff I want to hear. Anyone else got something to say about how good or bad the Crosman 357 is? Or indeed a viable alternative?

Think they are a great pistol, adjustable rear sight, very accurate. Tend to use on single pull as it brings trigger back for sons smaller hands. Very well made. Can't speak highly enough of it. I own 8 other pistols including original and brocock and the 357 is the most fun by far.

Thanks for your input peddy, it looks like it is all good news as no-one has anything bad to say about the Crosman 357 - so far! I'm hoping to go to my local dealer tomorrow to see if he has one in stock.

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    They are a good gun, no doubt about it - the only weak area is the barrel latch.
    But if you press the button and then close it, rather than snap it shut - it'll last forever.
    Buy and enjoy

The latch is ok if you do what Harvey says.
    I replaced mine fairly easily.

Mine is an older model with more metal in it.
    They match the Umarex Smiths for accuracy.

harvey_s and gingernut, thanks very much for that information. It seems that it is a simple, reliable and accurate pistol which is just what I want. Once again, thanks to all of you who took the time to reply to my question, I'm off to see the dealer in a few minutes and, hopefully, he will have one in stock.

Not sure of the current new price, but 2nd hand ones seem to go for between £40 to £55.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    They are a good gun, no doubt about it - the only weak area is the barrel latch.
    But if you press the button and then close it, rather than snap it shut - it'll last forever.
    Buy and enjoy
    Forgot to mention that aswel, I do it every time, also just take care when replacing grips after installing capsule. Mines not pellet fussy, cycles well. Buy a couple of extra mags dirt cheap and watch a tin of pellets disappear fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Not sure of the current new price, but 2nd hand ones seem to go for between £40 to £55.
    You wont get mine for that.
    But it seems right for newer plastic models.

I just bought a Crosman 357 Vigilante with a "starter kit" for £95.00. It was £80.00 for the pistol on its' own plus another £15.00 for a padded case, pellets, CO2 capsules and a few targets. I don't think that's too bad, the cheapest I found on line was £70.00 from a dealer in Sheffield but I would then have to pay £15.00 to have it sent to my local dealer. My local dealer didn't have it in stock but it should be ready for collection tomorrow lunchtime. Thanks guys for all your help, I'm looking forward to lots of plinking time!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Jock View Post
    I just bought a Crosman 357 Vigilante with a "starter kit" for £95.00. It was £80.00 for the pistol on its' own plus another £15.00 for a padded case, pellets, CO2 capsules and a few targets. I don't think that's too bad, the cheapest I found on line was £70.00 from a dealer in Sheffield but I would then have to pay £15.00 to have it sent to my local dealer. My local dealer didn't have it in stock but it should be ready for collection tomorrow lunchtime. Thanks guys for all your help, I'm looking forward to lots of plinking time!
    Was just going to post that I think they've stopped the old 357/6 in favor of the Vigilante. Hope I'm wrong cause Id have another anytime. Most important parts are metal. I had trigger spring bust after lots of use but easily replaced it with new one from Chambers gun spares. Shame rear sights AREN'T metal as I dropped it and broke most of sight. Chambers do them for £7ish but none in stock. Enjoy your Vigilante. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.