Thread: Spring shortening

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yep. it's in my MKII 97K (0.177)
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

I have something here you can try. PM your address I'll try and send this week.

YHPM Mr Pok Sir
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

Spring spec

HP,

Is this the kit which uses the "GLOBAL T" spring, with 36 coils x .120" wire with an ID of .495. length of 11"?

The reason I ask - I decided to get a spring from Mr Maccari a little while ago. Had a shortish email exchange where he recommended above spring (I wanted to make guides myself). I expressed concern that this spring would put my rifle (HW97K) over the limit and I got a flat reply that he had never had to chop one of his springs to get the gun under the limit. I had my doubts so I (perversely) chose to go for the stronger "HWHTEL" spring, 37 coils x .128" ID .540" Length 12" on the basis that I would definitely have to cut that one down and I would get a shorter stiffer spring. It also has larger ID to increase guide wall thickness which seemed better to me.....

Before jumping to a bad conclusion have you done other things to your rifle to make it more efficient (and so could expected sub 12 fpe for std rifle)?

Interested to hear what you have to say...

BMP01

shrendi Guest
    There is an easy way to re temper after shortening the spring. Cover in oil and heat in the oven until the oil begins to flash off. Or you could sapce the spring up and then set it in the gun for 48hrs, remove spacers and you have a shorter spring.

shrendi Guest
    Send it to me and i will finish it well.