Thread: Wed. 22-250 reload gear

Wed. 22-250 reload gear

Looking for complete reloading kit for .22-250 cal.
    I am new to reloading so go easy. I do know someone local who reloads so can be shown the ropes..
    Or am I better to buy new starter kit?
    Any Recombination s for kit?
    Thanks

For lifetime quality, go RCBS, Lyman or Hornady. All do starter kits.

The VERY FIRST thing to buy is a current loading manual, depending on the brand of bullets you intend to shoot. All major bullet makers produce loading manuals, but they DO differ slightly, although ALL are safe. Vihtavuori does their 'advice' online, but they have some odd weight bullets in some of the calibres that I shoot, hence my point about buying a manual that matches the bullets. Speer, Hornady etc. advise on bullet weights commensurate with their products. I bleeve that Berger Bullets are also starting their own manual. I load for 22-250 in the USA, but I don't do online loading advice, sorry.

As you are going to be going for just one calibre initially, I recommend that you buy the one calibre reloading manual, available from Norman Clark in Rugby.

Get a GOOD set of balance scales - RCBS 10-10 are the dog's appendages and will never wear out or need batteries.

Get a powder trickler.

Get a GOOD set of measuring calipers - electronic if you don't speak Vernier.

Get some kind of case preparation gear - a Midway vibratory tumbler, or anybody else's - only the colour differs.

Get some Imperial sizing wax - a small tin lasts years, literally, and its an easy wipe clean from the sized cases.

And get some form of case preparation kit, even if it means making one up from different brands. A primer pocket tool, a hand case de-burrer and the appropriate Lee case trimmer for your calibre are all very cheap and really do do the job as well as a costy electric trimmer. That might be on your horizon some time down the road, though, but in 45 years I've resisted getting one.

Of course, others will come by now, and much of what I've written will be regarded by them as pure shite.

However, after 64 years of shooting, I really don't give a hoot.

Enjoy - it's a GREAT hobby!

tac

Thank you for helpful reply, will hopefully go over to guy I know in nxt few weeks and see what all this reloading is about ,)
    I can see it could become addictive !!

Everything TAC says, read 'The ABCs of reloading' read it again, also there is nothing wrong with the lee 50th anniversary kit, but I woud upgrade the scale RCBS 5-0-5 or similar and a trickler is a very useful and not expensive addition.
    Thanks for looking

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Everything TAC says apart from the bit about shooting for 64 years.

That's older than my dad...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Flashheart View Post

Ha ha .)

Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Flashheart View Post

I started when I was six.

tac is lower case, please; I'm not a NATO designation, just a POB trying to make his way in an ever-more confusing world.

tac