Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK1 & 2 Airsporter sight hoods

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    You'd need an hacksaw to remove the hood on a Original mod. 5
    Pretty sure that mine is held in place by a big screw - I will have to check sometime!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Pretty sure that mine is held in place by a big screw - I will have to check sometime!
    I think you'll find the front sight and hood are all one thing, fixed by that big screw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    I think you'll find the front sight and hood are all one thing, fixed by that big screw.
    You are probably right mate - probably one of the reasons it remains intact/in place!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by martin bingham View Post
    that looks like a very good product,i would certainly go for one,
    i reckon that if he made something to fit the earlier underlevers he would get a few takers,i know i certainly would go for a couple.
    all the best
    Are you talking about the pre and post war BSA underlevers Martin?

If he was/did I would be after a couple myself

Thumbs up Note

A suggestion has been brought to my attention. So to make it clear.

These sight hoods were made by my good friend Jeff in Auckland, NZ as a favour to me and him, with a few left over.... Auckland is in the North Island.

Christchurch is a distance away across the Cook Straight.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 28-11-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    A suggestion has been brought to my attention. So to make it clear.

These sight hoods were made by my good friend Jeff in Auckland, NZ as a favour to me and him, with a few left over.... Auckland is in the North Island.

Christchurch is a distance away across the Cook Straight.

Oh dear!!

I was going to ask for a couple too but it's a bit of a way (As Oasis sang, Half a world away!! )

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Oh dear!!

I was going to ask for a couple too but it's a bit of a way (As Oasis sang, Half a world away!! )

Cheers, John
    John I believe there is a system nowadays where you can pay money and someone else will go to the trouble of transporting goods for you over quite large distances, saving you the trouble of physically collecting them. It's called 'mail' or 'post', or something like that.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    John I believe there is a system nowadays where you can pay money and someone else will go to the trouble of transporting goods for you over quite large distances, saving you the trouble of physically collecting them. It's called 'mail' or 'post', or something like that.
    It will never catch on!

ASM

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Are you talking about the pre and post war BSA underlevers Martin?

If he was/did I would be after a couple myself
    hi,
    i was thinking of the pre airsporter underlever sight protectors,the ones that you move forward,turn downward,pull back,not really hoods, i have an original bsa [ever so faintly stamped]one fitted to my standard,s10520,i saw one on eb8y that went for a fair bit considering,
    i have bought obsolete motorcycle parts from a chap in nz who made them up as and when required and no trouble at all with customs etc,he set the price under a duty threshold to avoid probs,all the best

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post

Ha ha ha!!

Ya sarcy bugger Danny!!

It's a flippin' long way to post, Wouldn't think the fella would want to post that far!

When I was selling on fleabay I would only post to the UK, I always thought it to be too much hassle to post outside the UK

John

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by martin bingham View Post
    hi,
    i was thinking of the pre airsporter underlever sight protectors,the ones that you move forward,turn downward,pull back,not really hoods, i have an original bsa [ever so faintly stamped]one fitted to my standard,s10520,i saw one on eb8y that went for a fair bit considering,
    i have bought obsolete motorcycle parts from a chap in nz who made them up as and when required and no trouble at all with customs etc,he set the price under a duty threshold to avoid probs,all the best
    I have seen a replica of one and yeah, there is a bit of work in them Martin.
    For function alone, I have toyed with the idea of a plastic version to protect the sight bead and the barrel.
    A wrap around works just as well as long as it stays dry or is waxed/oiled.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 29-11-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Thumbs up

Ha ha ha!! Ya sarcy bugger Danny!!

It's a flippin' long way to post, Wouldn't think the fella would want to post that far!
    When I was selling on fleabay I would only post to the UK, I always thought it to be too much hassle to post outside the UK John
    Hi John.
    For the most part, once it is handed over the counter, that is it. The effort is mostly the same if something is sent to Wellington, Kaikohe, Kaitaia, Birmingham or Bristol, end of

Ha ha ha!!

Ya sarcy bugger Danny!!

When I was selling on fleabay I would only post to the UK, I always thought it to be too much hassle to post outside the UK

John
    E8ay (UK at least) now have a system in place whereby the seller only posts to their distribution centre and they do the rest.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    E8ay (UK at least) now have a system in place whereby the seller only posts to their distribution centre and they do the rest.
    Sounds good!

The wife used to collect Teddy bears, She decided to move a few on via fleabay and put UK Sales only but didn't realise that filter could be applied! Of course someone in a different country won it, her address was just squiggles!!

The missus somehow cancelled it and didn't bother putting any one!!

John