Thread: A Few Oldies for sale

A Few Oldies for sale

I'm having a bit of a cull after buying more than I should have lately, so the following are up for sale. I can post by Parcel Force 48 at cost.

A BSA Air Rifle (1906)
    Fitted with a lovely straight hand stock with particularly attractive chequering. The rifle has been fitted with a BSA No 22 aperture sight and the eagle eyed among you will notice the sight is a between the wars model. The fitting has been done professionally, possibly at the BSA factory. It could be a owner fancied adding a peep in later life when their eyesight worsened or perhaps someone inherited the rifle and upgraded? Anyway, a No 22 cannot be fitted onto a straight hand stock, hence why the top of the trigger block has been properly machined to accept the sight. Both backsight and foresight are present and the rifle remains in good condition. She shoots true and has enjoyed a couple of wins at the club. The original BSA cover in the photo is not for sale BTW. £265

Pics of the two BSAs here. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qo4thjbkx...4ksMwYysa?dl=0

A BSA Improved Model (1907)
    This is an interesting example, in that it has been 'militarised' with the addition of an SMLE stock. The stock is in effect an upside down version of BSA's straight hand stock and handles very well. The trigger block is stamped with the military 'Crow's Foot' broad arrow, denoting former ownership by the War Office. An SMLE buttplate is also fitted and an oil bottle/cleaning kit can be kept in the stock (BSA marked oil bottle in picture for illustrative purposes only). The foresight has also been adapted to form a military profiled blade rather than the bead that the rifle would originally have been fitted with. There is a small ding on top of the air cylinder but this does not affect performance. Nice clean condition and once again a good performer on the range with a 100% success rate in competition (actually, I only shot with her in one competition and she came first!). I am told this was one of a batch of BSA air rifles that saw service with a school cadet force but the trail went cold and I have not yet traced the school nor any of the other rifles. £200 SOLDl

Air Arms Hi-Power (1980s)
    A .22 sidelever based on the former Jackal. Complete with original open sights consisting of an aperture rear and protected foresight. Good to excellent original condition and working order. Warning and name stickers remain intact. An SLR sling completes the military look. £180 SOLD

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6wvxaec5e...wdCAxlb7a?dl=0

A Polish Lucznik Break Barrel Air Rifle
    An early Lucznik (Archer) Model 87 air rifle in good overall order. Action cocks and fires .177 pellets at an average 620 fps. Barrel lock ensures positive lock up and tangent rearsight provides a military air, as do the sling swivels (rear missing). These rifles were used by Polish schools and semi paramilitary organisations such as the Country Defence League during the communist era as trainers and were sturdy enough to survive rough handling. This is an early rifle without scope ramps and no reference to Predom on the cylinder, which was a feature of later variants. £85

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/85cuist8g...No1hkFzHa?dl=0
    Last edited by Josie & John; 01-12-2016 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Sale

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Morning,I will take the Improved Model with SMLE stock please PM on way

Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Morning,I will take the Improved Model with SMLE stock please PM on way
    The Smelly stocked BSA is yours Phil.

Many thanks,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I'm having a bit of a cull after buying more than I should have lately, so the following are up for sale. I can post by Parcel Force 48 at cost.

A BSA Air Rifle (1906)
    Fitted with a lovely straight hand stock with particularly attractive chequering. The rifle has been fitted with a BSA No 22 aperture sight and the eagle eyed among you will notice the sight is a between the wars model. The fitting has been done professionally, possibly at the BSA factory. It could be a owner fancied adding a peep in later life when their eyesight worsened or perhaps someone inherited the rifle and upgraded? Anyway, a No 22 cannot be fitted onto a straight hand stock, hence why the top of the trigger block has been properly machined to accept the sight. Both backsight and foresight are present and the rifle remains in good condition. She shoots true and has enjoyed a couple of wins at the club. The original BSA cover in the photo is not for sale BTW. £265

Pics of the two BSAs here. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qo4thjbkx...4ksMwYysa?dl=0

A BSA Improved Model (1907)
    This is an interesting example, in that it has been 'militarised' with the addition of an SMLE stock. The stock is in effect an upside down version of BSA's straight hand stock and handles very well. The trigger block is stamped with the military 'Crow's Foot' broad arrow, denoting former ownership by the War Office. An SMLE buttplate is also fitted and an oil bottle/cleaning kit can be kept in the stock (BSA marked oil bottle in picture for illustrative purposes only). The foresight has also been adapted to form a military profiled blade rather than the bead that the rifle would originally have been fitted with. There is a small ding on top of the air cylinder but this does not affect performance. Nice clean condition and once again a good performer on the range with a 100% success rate in competition (actually, I only shot with her in one competition and she came first!). I am told this was one of a batch of BSA air rifles that saw service with a school cadet force but the trail went cold and I have not yet traced the school nor any of the other rifles. £200 SOLD pending the usual

Air Arms Hi-Power (1980s)
    A .22 sidelever based on the former Jackal. Complete with original open sights consisting of an aperture rear and protected foresight. Good to excellent original condition and working order. Warning and name stickers remain intact. An SLR sling completes the military look. £180

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6wvxaec5e...wdCAxlb7a?dl=0

A Polish Lucznik Break Barrel Air Rifle
    An early Lucznik (Archer) Model 87 air rifle in good overall order. Action cocks and fires .177 pellets at an average 620 fps. Barrel lock ensures positive lock up and tangent rearsight provides a military air, as do the sling swivels (rear missing). These rifles were used by Polish schools and semi paramilitary organisations such as the Country Defence League during the communist era as trainers and were sturdy enough to survive rough handling. This is an early rifle without scope ramps and no reference to Predom on the cylinder, which was a feature of later variants. £85

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/85cuist8g...No1hkFzHa?dl=0

Come on somebody buy this one, I'm a bit worried that if I look at the picture again, I will weaken

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Come on somebody buy this one, I'm a bit worried that if I look at the picture again, I will weaken
    Pete. I'm sure t at owning it will not harm you, it is very fine.

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Improved Mod arrived safely today in the most comprehensive and conscientious packing I've ever seen. The rifle is even better than described and John is a real Gent to deal with!

Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Improved Mod arrived safely today in the most comprehensive and conscientious packing I've ever seen. The rifle is even better than described and John is a real Gent to deal with!
    Thank you for the kind words Phil. It has been a pleasure dealing with you too.

Kind regards,

John

I can only assume xmas is playing a part in this 1906 Beezer not being sold peep sighted en all

John, If the 1906 BSA is still looking for a loving home I'll take it please.
    Will pm you this evening.
    Thank you
    Glyn

Quote Originally Posted by Mzee View Post
    John, If the 1906 BSA is still looking for a loving home I'll take it please.
    Will pm you this evening.
    Thank you
    Glyn
    Thanks Glyn,

The rifle is on hold for you.

Kind regards,

John

Hi John,
    PM sent.
    Best wishes
    Glyn

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

Thanks Glyn,

The rifle is on hold for you.

Kind regards,

John
    Thank God for that ... Was seconds away from weakening.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Thank God for that ... Was seconds away from weakening.
    The pleasure is all mine, mine, all mine I tell you!

Glyn
    Time for his pills, Matron

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzee View Post

The pleasure is all mine, mine, all mine I tell you!

Glyn

Time for his pills, Matron
    LOL.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth W-B,
    Let me know if ever you're coming up to Yorkshire & I'll let you hold my 'new' rifle. In fact, I might let you have a shot with it. Or two, maybe.
    Cheers
    Glyn