Thread: Haenel 303

Haenel 303

Can anyone point me in the direction of information on this break barrel.

Production dates,performance and spares availability for example?.

Not sure of precise dates but they were definitely available in the Uk from the '70s to around 1990. After the wall came down, supplies of Haenels started drying up. Parker Hale were the importer for a time.
    The decent 303 should be putting out 7 ft/lbs. Perhaps a shade more. Haenels are fine, well made guns IMO. I've always had a soft spot for them. Spares are available from Chambers.

aimless Guest
    there is the 303-3 .....to -8 which is named "Super" with different o.a.l. and barrel-lenght. they all should reach a velocity of 175m/s (.177)
    spare parts ( " Ersatzteile " )still available at Waffencenter Gotha
    atb Jochen

Thanks fellas,the gun does appear to be well made,arguably what the Meteor could,should have been .

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Not sure of precise dates but they were definitely available in the Uk from the '70s to around 1990. After the wall came down, supplies of Haenels started drying up. Parker Hale were the importer for a time.
    The decent 303 should be putting out 7 ft/lbs. Perhaps a shade more. Haenels are fine, well made guns IMO. I've always had a soft spot for them. Spares are available from Chambers.
    My mate had one in the 60's, so I think they've been available a little longer.

At the time, it seemed pretty well made.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.