Thread: Period Scope mounts for 13mm BSA rail

Period Scope mounts for 13mm BSA rail

Hi, when I got my Superstar, I made the mounts I had fit the rail, taking about 1 hour on each mount and a needle file. At the time, I just thought at the time that my mounts were rubbish. But I got them to fit quite well, and central too, unlike most cheap mounts.

So I have picked up a BSA Stutzen, with the 13mm rail. I now know I can buy Sportsmatch mounts, BUT is there any more vintage/period scope mount that will match the Stutzen better?

Cheers - Geoff.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    Hi, when I got my Superstar, I made the mounts I had fit the rail, taking about 1 hour on each mount and a needle file. At the time, I just thought at the time that my mounts were rubbish. But I got them to fit quite well, and central too, unlike most cheap mounts.

So I have picked up a BSA Stutzen, with the 13mm rail. I now know I can buy Sportsmatch mounts, BUT is there any more vintage/period scope mount that will match the Stutzen better?

Cheers - Geoff.
    Apel do a o/p mount for early 13mm HWs.

. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=4&o=7

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=4&o=8

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Ok, looks like I will need to jump on one quick if I ever see one for sale, the one piece design looks nice.

Are any for sale out of the batch shown?
    Thanks - Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    Ok, looks like I will need to jump on one quick if I ever see one for sale, the one piece design looks nice.

Are any for sale out of the batch shown?
    Sorry one (BSA) went at Melbourne and another (FWB) went on here last night.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

No worries, I will have to keep an eye out, otherwise it may have to be modern sports match BSA specific to get me going.

Cheers - Geoff.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Thumbs up

A cheap option for the BSA Maxigrip rail is Nikko NPM38h (For 40mm scopes), They cost a tenner and are vertically split!

I had a problems with a Lightning XL, The scope could be seen to be quite a bit off centre with ordinary mounts, These aligned it centrally !

These are the ones.

EDIT- Forgot to say though that with an Airsporter there's no reach back with these mounts so you'd need a neck like a Giraffe

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/