Thread: HW80 Custom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HW80 Custom

I've been looking at this forum on and off for a few years and was looking to join and contribute. Last week i picked up a number of rifles from the early eighties, from a collection that had been passed on and was being broken up. At the moment this 1981' ish custom HW80 is catching my eye. I contacted Hull CC with regards to the serial number, they said that they couldnt help because it wasnt one they had imported, it has been stamped GB though prior to blueing. They did kindly advise that it may have been made around 1981 though, but to contact Weihrauch directly

I say custom because it doesnt have a standard stock, it may be a replacement or, a reworked standard one. It has a lot of good checkering and both the end cap and recoil pad have a brass liner fitted. It has also got a gold trigger fitted. I thought that it may be an early Venom tuned rifle, however i contacted Steve Pope who says that he doesnt think so. The gentleman who passed the collection on was in his mid 80's and not available to advise.

Condition wise there's not a mark on it, not even a mark on any of the screws. Took it out into the garden and it shoots beautifully and quieter than i had imagined, it has a tiny air logic silencer fitted. So cool to pick up my first HW80 that has been so obviously customised and looked after for around 35 years.

Anyway i thought that this may be of interest to some and being my first post a type of introduction. Any comments or, advice welcome. My thoughts are keep it as it is and enjoy it.

Thanks

Welcome I'd make that a keeper, looks a lovely bit of wood too

Hw80

What a wonderfull rifle!
    Congratulations are in place.
    Must be a one-off custom stock made from a nice piece of wallnut.

You SHOULD keep it and enjoy it to the fullest

-----------------------
    Frank

What a beauty - congrats,

try this link
    http://www.weihrauch-database.eu/thelist

If you enter your ser.no. it will give you a approxiative date of production.

If you want to enter/register your specific gun change to "submit" and follow the steps.

Thumbs up

Hi Karl

Nice to see you one here, You'll have to post pics of the other beauties that you have

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thanks gents its a 916 number which puts it at 1981\2 i would imagine. I really cant get over how good a condition it is in for a 35 year old gun. I'm well chuffed thanks for commenting and the tables etc, its much appreciated.

Cheers

Cheers John, I will do once i get the chance to take some decent pics.

aimless Guest

Thumbs up Woooooow ,

- fantastic stock ! congrats, Jochen