Thread: Anschutz 275 or Haenel 302?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Anschutz 275 or Haenel 302?

After seeing these on a German site I have decided I would like a bolt action fairground gun.
    What are the particular attributes and foibles with each and how much should I expect to pay for one?

Many thanks
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Pros: If you hit anything you win a prize.

Cons: All the prizes are unfashionable, like a Telly Tubby, or a Womble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Pros: If you hit anything you win a prize.

Cons: All the prizes are unfashionable, like a Telly Tubby, or a Womble.
    Ho ho. Tremendous. I won a stuffed turd kind of toy in the summer with a 275! My daughter has strange ideas. Seriously, these are great fun guns. They are obviously extremely robust and I've found the Anschutz very accurate for a ball firer. The Haenel 310 is the ball firer and I have not used one. I do have the 311 with the same action and it is excellent. The H & N 4.4mm copper coated balls work well in the Anschutz.
    I've seen a few 275s around the 200-250 quid mark recently. Have not seen a Haenel 310 for sale.
    There is also the Diana / Original model 30 to consider. Have never seen one in the flesh but they look more substantial looking gun than either of the above. Rare, though.

I have several 310s and they are surprisingly accurate at up to 15 yards. Great fun too. I bought my last one fron Germany at a little over £200. And that included an original cover, cleaning rod, targets and a cleaning kit. Well recommended.

John

The 275 seemed to have a totally fixed rear sight, but I liked the extra detail around the magazine slot.
    The 310 has a plain magazine slot, but adjustable rear sight, and mine came with a sling which sets it off for me. I think my 310 also has the uprated spring, I wouldn't bother with replacing the standard spring with this, as it takes away the fun element ever so slightly with the higher cocking effort.
    Thanks - Geoff.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Thanks all, its purely for fun so uprating rings is not my scene!

Are there any places in the south that sell them? I'm travelling from Cornwall to essex/Suffolk/kent and back next week and would love to have a closer look.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Can you still buy airguns from Germany direct or would you have to use a dealer. I am looking for a Walther LGR match rifle or a FWB 300, more likely to find one there.

[

QUOTE=Josie & John;7132356]I have several 310s and they are surprisingly accurate at up to 15 yards. Great fun too. I bought my last one fron Germany at a little over £200. And that included an original cover, cleaning rod, targets and a cleaning kit. Well recommended.

John[/QUOTE]

I have one and its very accurate at Ten/fifteen yards Good looking as Well and solid !
    I have the six and Twelve shot mags with mine Think I paid about £150 about Five yrs ago

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    Can you still buy airguns from Germany direct or would you have to use a dealer. I am looking for a Walther LGR match rifle or a FWB 300, more likely to find one there.

[

QUOTE=Josie & John;7132356]I have several 310s and they are surprisingly accurate at up to 15 yards. Great fun too. I bought my last one fron Germany at a little over £200. And that included an original cover, cleaning rod, targets and a cleaning kit. Well recommended.

John
    [/QUOTE]

I bought mine direct from a German collector. Took just under a week to arrive. No need to use an RFD.

Kind regards,

John

I had my 310 from here : http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...th/40_1678_162 about a year or two ago, no more bother (in fact, less) than from the UK.

Of course its got more expensive since then because of the Nigel tax, and good luck getting anything gun shaped at all through customs once Brexit happens, , but hey, that's the price of fureeedom, eh.

Have had a 310, with the ugly pseudo-match stock, for about twenty years. I agree they are great fun.

The Anschutz seems to command a premium, but I am not sure it is functionally any better than the Haenel.

There is also a little-seen Diana model 30 version with an integral high-capacity mag. Briefly sold here in the 80s as a Mauser, with misleading advertising suggesting it was a full power rifle suitable for hunting.

And various Czech ones, though they are a bit old these days.