Thread: Crosman C02 200 pistol (like woodsman Colt)

edbear2 Guest

Crosman C02 200 pistol (like woodsman Colt)

Not my sort of thing, but someone has asked me if these have any value. This one looks clean and original and is boxed with an original powerlet, oil and wire thing, and the bit of paper over the grip that shows a powerlet, plus spare box of powerlets, spare carded pelloil bottle, etc.

Will get some pics up later if possible, but any ideas of a ballpark?...I have not shot it yet either.

It may well be for sale if the owner thinks it is worth it as he never uses the thing.

ATB, Ed

Daisy?

Daisy, not Crosman, methinks.

Hi Edbear, I have a couple of these, big downside is that the seals (neoprene I think) are unavailable as far as I know, so a leaker is an ornament.

Quite fun to shoot though, plenty of power, but the trigger weight is a bit much for any accuracy.

When I asked the same value question on here, I didn’t get a very positive response. http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=daisy
    Last edited by magicesperanto; 29-11-2016 at 02:50 PM.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Daisy, not Crosman, methinks.
    I did say not my thing ...But looking at the photos you are correct.

ATB, Ed

edbear2 Guest
    Some photos added, and thank you to the link to the other thread;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/312284...57675554693842

ATB, Ed

I don't really like BB guns, but it quite appealing, looks to be in very good condition, and has the box and bits, so I guess it could make fifty quid, if it is in working order, to the right buyer.

To be really pedantic, I think it is modelled on a Browning .22LR pistol, rather than the Colt Woodsman, though they are pretty similar.

Quote Originally Posted by magicesperanto View Post
    big downside is that the seals (neoprene I think) are unavailable as far as I know, so a leaker is an ornament.
    Hopefully Trevor will jump in here. He has the info on getting these back in operation. As I recall, some key parts are available from the Daisy 1200 model that came afterwards.

daisy 200

I purchased a boxed Daisy 200 last year as a non functioning item. Looked like it's never been fired. After lots of internet trawling I came to the conclusion that they are pretty much unrepairable. But then I found a strip/repair vid on YouTube. The claim on the box of 'no seals or o rings' is not true. I replaced a very small o ring on the piercer as it screws into the body, and replaced the lifter rack spring with a stronger one. There is no co2 capsule to peircer seal on these guns but just simply put a small length of ptfe tape over the head of the capsule before putting the capsule in the gun. Mine now holds gas for a couple of days no problem. Alternatively the peircer can be replaced with one from the 1200. Available from JG Airguns in the State's. The gun now shoots quite well and can fire the 5 shot mag as quick as you can pull the trigger. The rebuild vid on youtube was done by Mr RuneRubble,? the guy who does all the airgun reviews on his balcony in Norway/Finland. John.
    Last edited by Joncaddy; 30-11-2016 at 07:49 PM.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

The Daisys 200 and 300

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    Hopefully Trevor will jump in here. He has the info on getting these back in operation. As I recall, some key parts are available from the Daisy 1200 model that came afterwards.
    A neat wee gas pistol that spits BBs with authority(what does that mean?)Anyrate,as Dean says,the piercer from a Model 1200 Daisy fits this pistol and it DOES have a powerlet to valve seal. The 200 has a double action mechanism the movement of which is so tiny you feel you are shooting a true blow-back semi-auto.Five shots,faster than you can say it.As an extra you could get an ornate leather holster. Pretty sure the grand-daddy of this pistol was the 'Martin' from circa 1955. (a gun that never was?) Excuse tardiness of reply,my PC died like the dirty dog it is.Trev
    http://s864.photobucket.com/user/cin...tml?sort=3&o=0
    Last edited by cinedux; 02-12-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Somewhere, I should still have a box filled with these, plus some of the rare model 100s. Ollie Damons gave me the box as long as I promised never to sell them. The reason being that there was a complete recall on these. For many years, if you returned your 100/200 to any authorized Daisy repair station, like Ollie Damons, you got yourself a brand new model 1200. They are great looking guns and well made, just didn't work too good. Not really sure what the recall was all about. Companies, at least back then, were often very tightlipped about such things.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Not my sort of thing, but someone has asked me if these have any value. This one looks clean and original and is boxed with an original powerlet, oil and wire thing, and the bit of paper over the grip that shows a powerlet, plus spare box of powerlets, spare carded pelloil bottle, etc.

Will get some pics up later if possible, but any ideas of a ballpark?...I have not shot it yet either.

It may well be for sale if the owner thinks it is worth it as he never uses the thing.

ATB, Ed
    The Daisy is a copy of the Browning Nomad .22 rimfire pistol. I had the Daisy in South Africa used for training attack dogs as it was safer than using a firearm. Mine worked really well and never had any problems, apparently they are not easy to repair but not impossible.

Baz

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...el/daisy%20200
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

repairing the Daisy 200

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The Daisy is a copy of the Browning Nomad .22 rimfire pistol. I had the Daisy in South Africa used for training attack dogs as it was safer than using a firearm. Mine worked really well and never had any problems, apparently they are not easy to repair but not impossible.

Baz

http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...el/daisy%20200
    I've found on several of these guns the elevator spring gets crushed during reassembly.A piece of sellotape to hold it in place prevents this from happening.works for me..;-) Both the 100 and 200 were sold here in NZ but I got mine in a Sears xmas present parcel!Trev